• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Deadends

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually the i845PE!

But the point gets lost somewhere in this thread..Lol. We care?

The Albatron 845PE has run on the 800 BIOS and if one reviews the 845PE vs 865PE, the only real change was a minor alteration in the code (BIOS). That's much the same that happened with the ASUS P4C800 & Hyperthreading {PAT} BIOS. 533+ on the first instance and 800+ on the second! I won't buy another because it was not Albatron that really did the BIOS fix, at grass roots & up front.

Upgrading from Pin-to-Pin is almost irrelevant, between either Intel or AMD, actually. Most OC'ers and main-Line users will upgrade the whole dang Rig anyway (Mobo, DDR, CPU & usually video) ~Now that's pretty much the whole system!

Bottom line, here = Thanks AMD for making Intel cheaper and no thanks, I don't want your 'now' overpriced OC 2.6g Rig.

Right now I'm having to back off, due to slight instability -But was running @ 4.13g for almost two months, slightly ;) ahead of the 2.6g base chip in the Rig :) Which is stock Intel (2.6), vs an AMD OC 2.6 maxed out.

Cache...is still cache & does increase the overall result, though the L2 is significant over (vs) L3 -So it depends on the inherent cache speed and anount allocated; such results are also seen with HD cache size, though of course not quite the same thing, merly an anology.

Just a thought!

Back