• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

INTEL DP55KG 1156s & X3470 (4DIMM OF 1600 )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cousa

Hello to everybody, I am looking for a help with an old lady motherboard (DP55KG) that I don't want to give it away and I face problem after I changed the cpu of I5-760 with zeon X3470.
With the I5-760 was able to operate 4 dimm slots with 1600ghz speed by keep deactivated in bios the intel boost frequency and using xmp profile on 1600ghz. Same adjustment doesn't
work with X3470. With 2 dimm on the 2nd channel working good but when I install 4 dimm the motherboard starts and after 3 seconds power off and same again goes from start and power
off. (I also mentioned that motherboard has two leds above sockets that one is lighting before motherboard power off due to the problem. this led is the voltage regulator). Any help will be high
appreciated from the forum.

Good Day earthdog, happy New year, thanks for relpy to my problem after no sleep at all tonight, I uninstalled the cpu and installed back very correct as it looks wasnt sit well on the socket and pins of socket didnt contact proper cpu's controller of 1st Chanel. Also I used Pen eraser to clean the contacts of the cpu because looks that cpu was stored for long time and humidity worked bad for the contacts of cpu. Everythnig is OK now. My Best wishes for you and happy New year.

Back