• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel: Interesting Read, 80 Cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
splat said:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2925

i love anandtech articles. they're always extremely over my head, so i always end up just looking at the pretty pictures.

Pretty Pictures FTW!

80 Cores at what speed though? I wouldnt be surprised if it was 80 cores at 100mz (or less), and they implimented some sort of reverse hyperthreading and split it into 4 reversed hyperthreaded "cores" , 4 "cores" of 20 100mhz cpus :) Youd get SMP in SMP in SMP!!!! or, RHTSMMMP. Reverse Hyper Threading Symetric Multi Multi Multi Processing. Now wouldnt that be something

Where can i get that trademarked?

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
Pretty Pictures FTW!

80 Cores at what speed though? I wouldnt be surprised if it was 80 cores at 100mz (or less), and they implimented some sort of reverse hyperthreading and split it into 4 reversed hyperthreaded "cores" , 4 "cores" of 20 100mhz cpus :) Youd get SMP in SMP in SMP!!!! or, RHTSMMMP. Reverse Hyper Threading Symetric Multi Multi Multi Processing. Now wouldnt that be something

I didn't understand a word you just said....but you touch a brotha by the heart.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
Pretty Pictures FTW!

reading FTW!

would it surprise you to hear that it (they) run at 3.13ghz, using only 1v, to achieve teraflop speeds? how about 4ghz, with 1.2v, doing 1.28teraflops??

from the anandtech link splat posted:

The chip can operate at a number of speeds depending on its operating voltage, but the minimum clock speed necessary to maintain its teraflop name is 3.13GHz at 1V. At that speed and voltage, the peak performance of the chip with all 80 cores active is 1 teraflop while drawing 98W of power. At 4GHz, the chip can deliver a peak performance of 1.28 TFLOP, pulling 181W at 1.2V. On the low end of the spectrum, the chip can run at 1GHz, consuming 11W and executing a maximum of 310 billion floating point operations per second.

Back