• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is 1.5 Vcore ok for 4ghz with a 1100t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makavelio

Registered
Ive managed to get my 1100t BE to run at 4ghz and the temp is 50c with Hmonitor. My vcore is 1.512 max and 1.428 min. Ive got it set lower in bios but llc is bumping it up as with it turned off it crashes. Thanks

Those voltages are not excessive but please be more specific about the temp you quote. Is that a core temp or a CPU (socket) temp?

You should make sure the system will pass a two hour Prime95 blend test before you conclude it's stable.

Sorry it's the cpu temp on HWmonitor. Which one is the best follow and is 60 my limit. Thanks :)

You can post a picture of your HWMonitor window when the processor is loaded to remove any confusion. :D Personally I aim under 55 on the cores though I've seen some claim 62.

If we're talking about "loaded" temps (after 20 minutes of Prime95 blend) you don't want your core temps to exceed 60 or your CPU temps to exceed 70c.

Not sure on how to post pictures on here :-D I guess I was meaning socket as the 6 core temps are lower.

To attach pics, first crop and save the images with Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window and when the advanced post window appears click on the little paperclip icon at the top. That will load the file browser/upload tool. The rest is obvious.

Ok thanks, this is after 15mins of prime95

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    301.1 KB · Views: 119
Make sure you run Prime95 for the full 20 minutes. The peak temps will occur at about that point. But it looks like both you core and CPU (socket) temps are just fine. Looks like you may have 5-10c temp room if you need to add more vcore. Now you need to see if the system is stable for a long (at least 2 hrs.) Prime95 blend test to be sure your are really there.

I ran it for 35 minutes and it scrambled screen and restarted. Iam going to up the voltage abit and try again. It seems to work better with LLC but the voltage jumps from what is set in bios. Thanks

This after 25mins using Prime95, my vcore seems alot higer then in bios as it was set to 1.43vcore.

Attachments

• 212.PNG
    212.PNG
    262.9 KB · Views: 114
That's what LLC does and why it's a good thing. It only supplements the voltage when you are doing heavy load computing and need the extra voltage for stability. I would leave LLC implemented to some degree. Otherwise, you will be running 24/7 on the high voltage you need only for heavy duty computing.

Thanks for your help trents :) I will run a 2 hour prime in morning and take photos of my current bios settings, as clueless in there to be honest :-D

So, it sounds like you have not been using the bios to overclock. How have you been doing it?

By the way, unless we direct otherwise pleas post pics of these three CPU-z tabs together: CPU, Memor and SPD. That will give us a more complete idea of your system settings. Just to post the CPU tab tells us nothing about your ram.

I've been using Bios and just changed cpu voltage, multi, enabled LLC and left everything else on auto.

You've pretty much got the basics. The only thing you need to add to that maybe is overclocking the HT Link and CPUNB frequencies.

Here is my bios settings :) I will upload my memory shortly and try to do a 2 hour prime.

Attachments

• IMG_20121220_093612.jpg
    IMG_20121220_093612.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20121220_093631.jpg
    IMG_20121220_093631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20121220_093644.jpg
    IMG_20121220_093644.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
Back