• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is 1.5 Vcore ok for 4ghz with a 1100t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay looking at the SPD tab I see that the ram is some of that older DDR1333 stuff that is sold as DDR1600 when the ram voltage is upped to 1.65V. So take and make sure the ram voltage is 1.55 or just a little greater since what you do next will raise the ram speed from about DDR1333 to DDR1366.

So find in bios where to raise FSB/CPU Frequency or close to that name and up it from 200 to 205. Do not raise Vcore. FSB rise from 200 to 205 should give you a cpu speed of 3895Mhz and CPUz might read that speed as 3.9Ghz. Run P95 Blend for 20Mins and see if it runs without failure and then capture the HWMonitor that was running during that P95 Blend and post the HWMonitor and the CPUz, CPU and Memory tabs. Just 3 captures to post this time because you just posted an SPD screenie and it will not change and from one post to just one more...hope I can remember that.

I had a worker stop after 18 Minutes any suggestions please? Thank you

But you did not post the three captures that I mentioned in my post above your last one. So it is not possible to see at my end what you see at your end. When I overclock I have HWMonitor open for me to see what is going on and CPUz handy also. We overclock with them as tools. You have them as tools at your end but we cannot see them unless you capture them and post.

The fact that P95 Blend ran 18 mins say that some advances were made. Not seeing the 3 captures I need to see, all I can say is to up the Vcore while still using the 205 FSB/Cpu Freq and give P95 Blend another work out. Watch the temps as you raise vCore. Cpu temp not over 70c and Core/Package temp not over 60c.

Last edited:
I put some on the vcore and upped ram to 1.57 i think. This is after 40 minutes RGone. Thanks again for your guidance :)

Attachments

• 40 mins 3.9GHZ.PNG
    40 mins 3.9GHZ.PNG
    177.4 KB · Views: 14
Am I losing it or failing to communicate? I said we need to see one capture of CPUz in Memory Tab mode and CPUz in CPU Tab mode and one capture of HWMonitor that had been open and logging thru the P95 Blend test.

Now I see 3 pics of CpUz SPD Tab mode and cannot see a single CPUz Memory Tab mode.

If upping the Vcore now allows ~3.9Ghz to work, then test 210 for full 4.0Ghz. if it passes 20 mins then you need to run 2 hours for full stability testing and post the correct 3 captures. Hehehe. RGone...ster.

Sorry RGone :-D I will try again :) This one is after 1 hour haha

Attachments

• 3.9ghz 1 hour.PNG
    3.9ghz 1 hour.PNG
    170.9 KB · Views: 13
That usually means one small bump in vcore will get you over the hump. And your temps would likely allow for it. There's a good chance that if you used a combination of the FSB and the CPU multiplier you could get buy with less vcore than you now use by using only the CPU multiplier.

Wait a minute! I just noticed in post #46 that it looks like there is a different make and speed of ram in slot 4 than there is in slot 1. Not good!

Yeah he said he was going to match up that 4 gig stick with another like it. I think it would be better to take the 4 gig stick OUT and tune for the 2x2gig kit and see if it IS really a memory issue as you and I have both made mention of "trents".

AND put the 2x2gig kit in the correct or primary slots if not so already.

RGone...ster.

This is after 2 hours and 30 mins at 4ghz. I left the ram in and followed your instructions Rgone earlier with ram voltage and FSB. I had to increase vcore and have the LLC on enabled with ram at 1.56. There seems to be abit of a jump in temp of about 7c and vcore max was 1.47 from 3.8GHZ. Do you think this is ok for 24/7 and is there anyway to tune it to bring temp down abit or is it ok. Might even even invest in side fan. Thanks guys :)

Attachments

• 4ghz.PNG
    4ghz.PNG
    210 KB · Views: 10
1.475 should work fine, maybe even 1.45 but you'd have to test that with prime95. I wouldn't sit at 1.5 for 24/7. The 1100T OC's better than my 1090T and I OC the 1090T to 3.8GHz 1.475 (with DDR2 800 ram).

Back