• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is 550 watt enough for my mame cabinet pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bizkonson

hi all,
im a bit new to the whole overclocking world and on a personal note its been years since i was updated on anything that have to do with pc hardware :\

anyways i built me a new Mame cabinet and building a nice size power pc inside
this is my specs so far:

1)Motherboard - mci p55 fuzion
2)CPU - i5 750 2.66 currently running at 3.3 with lower then default voltage (not using OC Gene) but might give it a test run down the road ive read it give great power boost but uses a lot of voltage on the cpu)
3)Graphics card: ATI HD4870 1gb black series (i dont need a great video card since this rig is connected to a 27" CRT)
4) 2 x 4gb ddr3 ram 1600
5)currently i have 2 system fans 12volt and the original cpu fan (thinking of replacing it to a better one because the machine does run pretty hot with full stress test between 70c to 80c and as i understand if ill up the voltage back to the default and not the lower that was set for me it will take the temp down? is that correct?)
6)1 HD sata 1tb. no cd no exterior hd.

my question is what power supply should i get for it will the 500 or 550 be enough i might play with more over clocking later...

thanks in advance
Biz

500w is plenty for that, including as much OCing as you can throw at it. There are quite a few good PSUs these days, the thread that IMOG linked is an excellent starting point.
If you find a unit that isn't on the list that you're curious about, feel free to post a link to it and we'll give it a look-see and render an opinion.

Thank you guys for the quick answers its good to be in a helping community.
i saw a couple of power supply's here (israel), we don't have that many good quality hardware for good prices the import tax is murder but anyways here is the links for the specs.

please bare in mind this is for a Mame cabinet computer so it wont be used for future upgrades just the hardware i specified above cause i do know this units are not top of the line :]

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS 500W - http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-500w-stealthxstream-power-supply-eol.html

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

I'd go for the VX450, it's a known good unit that can pull its weight.
The StealXTreme series is less so, it'd probably work, but I like the Corsair unit better.

I just bought the pore supply the seasonic 620
Thank you for your help.

Back