• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my RAM compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe yes, as I didn't encounter any black screens since then.

But I have a question regarding my rig GPU, I think I get little drops in my gaming.

I overclocked my i7 4770k to 4.2GHz according to an easy setup I got from a YouTube video, but I don't have much experience about overclocking.

I don't know when to raise the CPU voltage and what that suit a CPU clock.

I put my new corsair 16GB RAM 1600 to the profile in the bios I believe which put the RAMs to its required speed so it goes from stock speed of 1333 to 1600. So the RAMs are good.

I need a way that tell me what numbers to put in the bios setting + I want to overclock the GPU a little bit.

Do you recommend I open a new thread about this ?

Yeah if the problem is resolved and you want OC advice I would suggest starting a thread in the intel CPU forum. Especially since it's a different system. I would first start by reading this guide, if you still have questions then go ahead and start a thread https://www.overclockers.com/forums...uide-to-Overclock-Your-i7-i5-Haswell-Platform.

For the GPU you can use a program called MSI afterburner to set the power limit and fan curve up, then you can play with clocks a bit, but power limit and fan curve will be the main things.

Oh it happened again, this time it went black screen for several seconds !

1.png

But the discrete GPU was OFF, what happened ? As it clear I think I wasn't loading the laptop too much !

3 parts had a spike at the same time, CPU, igpu and discrete gpu.

I have the Dell i7559 with i5 and 960m and it didn't do this ever ! Even loading that laptop with a lot of stuff, it still worked normal.

I think it's time to use DDU :sn:

I started to be confused of which part is causing the problem ! I hope eventually it's not a hardware problem.

There's no warranty I believe, I just bought it from Amazon and I'm overseas.

But the discrete GPU was OFF, what happened
We're all wondering that.

Last we left this, it was suggested to disable the iGPU and run on the discrete card only. Have you done that yet?

Try turning hardware acceleration OFF in chrome. https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122. It seems others have had this issue with no definitive fix: https://forums.intel.com/s/question...-problems-when-decoding-videos?language=en_US and again you could try to force chrome to use either the iGPU or discrete GPU, but I'm not sure setting it in the driver will actually change anything: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings?

Last we left this, it was suggested to disable the iGPU and run on the discrete card only. Have you done that yet?

I'm not sure this is possible. Some laptops do not give this option in BIOS or otherwise.

Right. If it is (and your suggestion doesnt work)... try it was the point. :)

Last edited:

I didn't know how to do that !

I know how to disable things from device manager.

Yep, thank you for the links, really helpful, these technologies of computers I really don't have a knowledge of the stuff that are used for anything, memory, CPU ... etc.

But anyway, this is my chrome result, it's too much info but I would copy the stuff that I guess are related to the discussion.

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Flash: Hardware accelerated
Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Disabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Another snap of next info:

2.PNG

It seems others have had this issue with no definitive fix: https://forums.intel.com/s/question...-problems-when-decoding-videos?language=en_US and again you could try to force chrome to use either the iGPU or discrete GPU, but I'm not sure setting it in the driver will actually change anything: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings?

OK, I will on that now and search about this problem for God's will.

I'm not sure this is possible. Some laptops do not give this option in BIOS or otherwise.

I know that some AMD CPUs doesn't have an internal GPU, so it has to be paired with a discrete gpu. But I don't know if it's possible with intel processors.

But I don't know if it's possible with intel processors.
Yes.

Check in the bios to see if you have an option to disable the iGPU. Or you can try with device manager? Or force it in nvidia software? Not sure what works...you need to give them all a try and report back. :)

Yes.

Check in the bios to see if you have an option to disable the iGPU. Or you can try with device manager? Or force it in nvidia software? Not sure what works...you need to give them all a try and report back. :)

Couldn't log into bios, I pressed F2, F8 and F12. Non worked !

I don't know where it could be within these options.

The most suspected option is intel virtualization but I don't think it's.

20200427_094034.jpg

What about the other two options? Disabling the iGPU in device manager and uninstalling the driver (yes, it will likely try to install one, but, it should launch on the discrete).

Oh it happened again, this time it went black screen for several seconds !

View attachment 209790

But the discrete GPU was OFF, what happened ? As it clear I think I wasn't loading the laptop too much !

3 parts had a spike at the same time, CPU, igpu and discrete gpu.

I have the Dell i7559 with i5 and 960m and it didn't do this ever ! Even loading that laptop with a lot of stuff, it still worked normal.

I think it's time to use DDU :sn:

I started to be confused of which part is causing the problem ! I hope eventually it's not a hardware problem.

There's no warranty I believe, I just bought it from Amazon and I'm overseas.

Now I'm really confused! Are these problems you are trying to work out happening with a laptop or the desktop system in your Sig?

1st post was laptop... and by the looks of his image you quoted, it is still a laptop due to the processor listed (i7-9750H).

What about the other two options? Disabling the iGPU in device manager and uninstalling the driver (yes, it will likely try to install one, but, it should launch on the discrete).

Yep, I started to see what you're aiming to ! I think it's the iGPU. Here's another one happened today with normal work, not loading it very much.

3.png

The spike happened in the CPU and the iGPU, here I started to believe it's not the discrete GPU.

Edit:

I did a quick search on YouTube and turns out it's a famous problem.

4.png

I think the problem could be solved basically and simply by switching the global settings to using the high performance nvidia.

Last edited:
Yes, you've posted that screenshot like 3 times now, lol... test with what you found and what weve said and report back. :)

I believe yes, as I didn't encounter any black screens since then.

But I have a question regarding my rig GPU, I think I get little drops in my gaming.

I overclocked my i7 4770k to 4.2GHz according to an easy setup I got from a YouTube video, but I don't have much experience about overclocking.

I don't know when to raise the CPU voltage and what that suit a CPU clock.

I put my new corsair 16GB RAM 1600 to the profile in the bios I believe which put the RAMs to its required speed so it goes from stock speed of 1333 to 1600. So the RAMs are good.

I need a way that tell me what numbers to put in the bios setting + I want to overclock the GPU a little bit.

Do you recommend I open a new thread about this ?

My eyeballs caught this and it seemed like OP was switching the topic. But as I read it more carefully in context it seems he was just referring to the 4770k overclocking in a comparative way.

My eyeballs caught this and it seemed like OP was switching the topic. But as I read it more carefully in context it seems he was just referring to the 4770k overclocking in a comparative way.

I actually asked this question as aside question, it's like a trailer to my next project which is to overclock my rig CPU and GPU.

But my main topic is of course about my MSI GF75 laptop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My update:
After switching the settings in the nvidia control panel, I didn't encounter any black screen until now. So it's a matter of time, as I have to wait until any black screen happens. I wish there could be a program to stress the iGPU or something ... I don't know what is the specific even that cause the black screen, but what I learned until now is that, the source of the problem could be the iGPU.

Back