• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my RAM compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5.png

This is my laptop benchmark, and I didn't encounter any black screen.

But I think this test doesn't work around the iGPU problem because it focus on the discrete GPU.

------------------------

In regard to overclock my rig, well, buying a nice motherboard is something you'd feel that I took a good choice of paying more for the G1 sniper, it has nice features.

There already overclocking settings that has the required values of frequencies and voltages.

Now my CPU is running @4.3GHz without any problems until now.

But I did something of my own by reading some overclocking articles, I disabled all intel C states options to prevent any reduction in frequency or voltage.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a question regarding buying new 16GB RAMs from Amazon.

Actually the price for 16GB DDR4 has dropped like half but what should I buy 1x16GB or 2x8GB ?

2x8gb will be better. 1x16gb would put your RAM in single channel mode.

So two channel mode is more faster, right ?

OK, thanks.

Alright !

I think 16GB is enough, I just think if I would need another 16GB stick in the future.

When you think that 32GB RAM could be necessary ?

In my current laptop RAM setup, I remember I hit more than 11GB of usage one time. I started to understand and accept that chrome use a lot of RAM compared to other heavy programs.

I'm thinking what if I bought 32GB for my laptop ! What benefits I could have ?

Thank you so much for all the replies you guys provided me, I really appreciate it.

It's just computer is full of details, there are a lot of points, things to do and not to do, better stuff to do instead of other approaches, performance issues, tips and a lot more.

Anything require knowledge and experience.

I really want to build a good background in computer stuff; like, overclocking, how to fix windows issues, performance issues, how to know if something is caused by a malware, driver version .. my daily routine with my computer is really simple.

Start with some gaming, surfing YouTube, check forums, check my work and maybe check for some online shopping.

I really don't want to also consume forum members' time in replying for simple stuff to me, I want to find a source that really help me in building a good knowledge and then I may go back to forum support for something that is really difficult.

Anyway, I'm trying to establish for me a good source or strategy for building knowledge about a certain task in computer.

----------------------------------------------------

As for my laptop's RAMs, I'm thinking of buying a 16GB Corsair and replace the current ones that are basically the same but from different manufacturers which are Samsung and Hynix.

I really don't want to also consume forum members' time in replying for simple stuff to me, I want to find a source that really help me in building a good knowledge and then I may go back to forum support for something that is really difficult.
Google is how I learned for the mlst part.. Searching and finding answers, running into forums like this one and searching in those...etc.

Business trents asked.. what taks are you trying to learn? Id say look into A+ training for hardware and basic OS stuff...

Back