• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this feasible? (First-timer Watercooling Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

selectandstart

I'm using this case:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...VyFmGCh3s2AeDEAQYAyABEgI-M_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here's a pic:

I want to run a custom loop through at least my gpu. I can maybe move the graphics card to the bottom pcie slot if I take it out of it's stock cooler and that would give me room for 140 mm radiator on the back. The motherboard side has some room on the right side for mounting.

My goal out of this is mostly aesthetics. What do you guys think? Any suggestions or part recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_20171101_085541 (1).jpg
    IMG_20171101_085541 (1).jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 73
So long as you can make it fit, and it'll work as it should, I don't see why not. Question is what video card is it and will a single 140mm rad cool it?

Rule of thumb for watercooling is 120mm of rad per 100w of heat to be removed.

That case is designed to have a 2x120mm radiator installed in the front. Are you able to fit it there?

Jeff looking at the video card, it seems like a tight fit if any.

Thats kinda what I was thinking too. Maybe something would fit up top? Taking measurements is the best way to know for sure. Just remember that radiators have end tanks so they're larger than 120x120mm, and fittings add extra size too.

Thats kinda what I was thinking too. Maybe something would fit up top? Taking measurements is the best way to know for sure. Just remember that radiators have end tanks so they're larger than 120x120mm, and fittings add extra size too.

Agreed. I'm thinking maybe ontop as well, but the top only has room for a single 120/140mm. So does the rear. I'm wondering if it's even worth the hassle of the OP adding such a small rad to cool the Gpu. He's better off getting a larger case that will accommodate the 240/280mm rad for the vid card cooling. Hell dual 240/280mm rads for both Gpu and Cpu would be ideal.

Back