• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS this PSU safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shotawe

AFK SRRY AT SCHOOOL, BTW who needs algebra?
is this psu actually good?:confused:

APEVIA ICEBERG ATX-IB680W-GN 680W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply With 3-Color LED Lights

i just like it for the uv"ness" and its lights.....:beer: is 24 amp good for a gtx250?

heres the system am goin to build

COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler -

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I5750

ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

and yes ill overclock the baby:santa: its a i5 build u duf:beer::screwy::eek::burn::santa2:

Last edited:
Plenty of power, but not sure about quality. The brand is not known for making quality stuff, so my instink says "stay away". I can't find a single quality review on it either, which also causes me concern. I'd reccomend going with a known good quality unit like a 500W Seasonic or a 550W Corsair. If you want some growing room for future upgrades. Get something like a 750W Corsair or PCP&C...good luck :beer:

I just read a review on jonnyguru for a new Tagan that has some nice bling to it. If you can find it, it'd be a good choice:D

Got an Apevia psu once. The only thing I got out of it is headache. End up tied to my car bumper and went for a nice ride! Now that thing don't give me headache anymore. For me the PSU is one of the more important part of the system. Don't go cheap on them. If you have access to the classified, Oklahoma Wolf (Johnnyguru) always have some review units for sale.

Just like the others said, it's not of good quality.

I would do a PSU mod if you want something to be flashy; you don't need to buy a gimmick.

Seasonic is a good choice too, they make half Corsair's units anyway.

Back