• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues updating windows 10 to ver. 1709

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if i went to settings and recovery and choose to reset this pc and delete all files would that be ok? says it takes a few hours on the longer one, which tells me it will fully format with that option. would that work?

IMO That would be a waste of time because you've already deleted everything to roll back to.

I would try another flash drive install with only the C: drive connected. You will need to download the driver package from nvidia for the GTX 1060 too.

setting up a different flash drive now. gonna disconnect the other 2 drives and give it a try. i can get the driver after it comes back on

ok. i successfully installed windows 10 pro (non N). got my liquid cooler installed too :) we'll see how it goes

everything seems to be ok but the power settings will not let me change to performance. it instantly reverts to balanced.

Thats funny... this is the second time ive heard of this, yet, havent seen it on any of my systems. They all have the performance option even after switching it around...

Thats funny... this is the second time ive heard of this, yet, havent seen it on any of my systems. They all have the performance option even after switching it around...

so whats going on then? ive went to command prompt and powercfg -restoredefaultschemes to reset power plans, lets me choose performance, then after restart reverts back

Perhaps check on any power schemes available in your BIOS. IIRC, WinTen polls those and won't allow any settings unless BIOS is "open" to the idea.

My HP notebook had 3 power plans just like any other prior to the update. The only difference was the "Balanced" plan was called "HP". The energy saver plan and performance plan are now gone.

powerplan.png

That was the common thing on the other i saw... a laptop.

The thread we had linked talked about laptops, but not desktops.

Back