• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It is here!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson69

Just got the Ryzen 7 1700! I am still waiting for the MB but I am so excited to see what this new CPU will be capable of doing.

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9517.JPG

More to come soon!

I installed, took out the Ryzen 3 now I have to setup EVERYTHING all over again.
So far first impressions of a CPU that cost me $140.00 US dollars UTTERLY AMAZING! OMG!!!!!! This is fast like my Hemi!
Oh and yes I am finding this MB a bit anemic for this CPU but I will try to get some Overclocking in if time permits.

Looking forward to a good fight. Dont feel sad if you come in 2nd. After all, it's still a first place(from the rear):muahaha::burn:

Looking forward to a good fight. Dont feel sad if you come in 2nd. After all, it's still a first place(from the rear):muahaha::burn:

Just don't take a sledge hammer to your tinny under powered x58 once I mop the floor up with it.

It is the time for ZEN! ( With hopes the MSI MB will do what I hope it will.)

Did a little OC on the B350 MB looks great got to 4.1 GHz with just a minimal bump of power! 1.2vcore. thing is, the cooler, That thing is garbage! 70*C!!! WTH?!?! Thought that Wrath cooler was supposed to be really good.
I wont be overclocking this CPU till I get better cooling seeing the CPU at 70*c is not going to cut it for me no way Mr!
But seeing that it will do 4.1GHz easy makes me feel even more excitement just thinking what the MSI X470 MB is going to get me with better cooling of course :p

Thank you very much.

Well this makes me kinda angry just how and I am to determine exactly hot hot my CPU is then? See it is CRAP like this AMD that makes so MANY of us mad at you!
So what does all this mean really?
DID AMD MAKE ANOTHER Edsel!

This is old news. Like two years old. I'm guessing most of the monitoring programs we currently use have added offsets for the R7s. And no one has over said the Wraith coolers were good for overclocking on the R7s. The Wraiths do better on the lower end Ryzens and will allow a moderate overclock, generally speaking.

Ready to get that mopping session started or the stick is melting?:rofl:

Right! LOL I am waiting for a few things getting the MB soon then I was thinking of RAM, Need to find some fast stuff and then will get to seeing how good the R7 is. It's nice to talk smack, But I know that AMD is a total under dog and it is has already been tapped long before I got this CPU.
I am only talking smack I know this CPU is never going to mop the floor with a Core i7.
And It also would seem it's also still not a very good overclocking chip, Still haven't seen any stock AMD chips getting close to 4.8GHz Like Intel's can.

Well, actually smack or not, I can barely scratch 1000 points in cine r15, and that amd of yours can do about 1.5x as much:D I want one!

Thank you very much.

Well this makes me kinda angry just how and I am to determine exactly hot hot my CPU is then? See it is CRAP like this AMD that makes so MANY of us mad at you!
So what does all this mean really?
DID AMD MAKE ANOTHER Edsel!

Like Trents says this is old news but I'm not certain that the 1700 actually ran with an offset, IIRC it was the "X" variants that did, I use HWInfo64 and it'll show the right temps on top of that Ryzen is Ok up to 100C

Need to find some fast stuff and then will get to seeing how good the R7 is.
AMD Ryzen doesn't like really fast stuff. Just find some DDR4 3200 MHz that is on the QVL list for the motherboard. ;)

I am only talking smack I know this CPU is never going to mop the floor with a Core i7.
Yeah, your Ryzen will kill his 10 year old i7. Ryzen is just about as fast as the latest intel, so of course it will obliterate decade old intel...!!

And It also would seem it's also still not a very good overclocking chip, Still haven't seen any stock AMD chips getting close to 4.8GHz Like Intel's can.
Got LN2? :p

Being serious... this was also well known since first gen ryzen. These things can't really get past their XFR/boost. 4.2 GHz is about it for most on ambient.

Maybe consider reading a couple of reviews on Ryzen to backfill some missing information. This will moving forward a bit easier.

Back