• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ITS ALIVE!! first water upgrade pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How the heck do you get such high speeds? The best I can get is 90, which sometimes MAY hit 100, but usually is less.

This is wireless N with my router like 10 feet away on my company laptop. If I connect direct, it is much faster, but N should be able to handle 90 easy.

Pathetic. Damn...I'm paying for 90.

Speed.jpg

Last edited:
Always hardline
Always gigabit
always cat 6e
Also the modem needs to be doccis3 and for the plans over 105megabit
Ie, just this new 150mb plan
You Need a modem with 8 downstream bonded connection

The Motorola surfboard sb6121 has like 4 bonds and tops out on paper at 173 megabit
But after transport overhead you get gimped to a real max of like 130
With the 8 down modem I got today (rated at 363)
I can pull 175 off of a 150 dataplan

I plan on running a wire or getting the cable guy to install another connection by my desk, but a wireless N router and computer should have no issues with 90, especially like 10 feet from the cable modem/router. Brighthouse in coming out with Echo, which guarantees 90 anywhere in the house. It's free if you already have 90.

ok i have opened up the gpu block and it seems clean i just onced over it with paper towels,
after that i decided not to go do the cpu, i replaced all the tubing, and am now doing the 12 hour priming that the lrt tubing came with ,
after 12 hours ill flush and repeat

here are the tubes btw

lesson learned,
just buy the promochill...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147871&stc=1&d=1407459578

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147872&stc=1&d=1407459578

Another thing I would have changed was the tubing. DD is long gone and that tubing will cloud up and release plasticize. If you ever changed the tubing I would recommend Primochills Advanced LRT.

I did tell ya in the beginning. Don't say I never warned you but lesson is learned and hopefully someone can learn off of you as well.

I would have opened the CPU as well to make 100% sure.

I hope it was the Advanced LRT you picked up because they used to make a Primochill LRT Pro tubing that had a few bad batches.

Glad it all worked out. :salute: Pics would be nice. :D

Attachments

• 2014-08-07 18.07.44.jpg
    2014-08-07 18.07.44.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 2014-08-07 18.07.54.jpg
    2014-08-07 18.07.54.jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 89
Check my sig where I get tubing..... Ace hardware :thup: a couple few weeks on new tubing and running Windshield Washer Fluid. yes it has alcohol in it.... So? Keeps algae down and has a nice blue color to it. Have always run loops with alcohol even up to 50% mixture. Works pretty good, but some fluids are crap too. I was running ThermalTake Green loop fluids some years back and it turned the hoses green like that. So I figured to stay away from that color for a while....

I was running ThermalTake Green loop fluids some years back and it turned the hoses green like that. So I figured to stay away from that color for a while....

my loop had nothing in it except water pt nuke and a kill coil

Silver is a natural thing, kills things that com into contact

But the nuke is for the fluid itself

Silver is a natural thing, kills things that com into contact

But the nuke is for the fluid itself

But only one is required, right? (I'm not hounding you, I'm just making sure I don't need to add a kill coil in addition to my pt nuke).

Why not. It's like four drops of Dead Water per gallon and a silver coil in the res. Better safe than sorry. If you aren't running the computer daily, that silver sitting in one place won't help the entire loop.

Why not. It's like four drops of Dead Water per gallon and a silver coil in the res. Better safe than sorry. If you aren't running the computer daily, that silver sitting in one place won't help the entire loop.

Yes, exactly. Why not just pt nuke?

When you have 10k invested in computer parts and watercooling...what's an extra 10.00 for a kill coil in the grand scheme of things? :)

It's nothing. My original question, however, was is it a necessary step, or is it just an extra step lots of people are taking?

Back