• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ITS ALIVE!! first water upgrade pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use both. Well, Dead Water and silver.

:thup: I also use Deadwater (3-4 drops), since my loops is kinda of long and a silver kill coil.

It's nothing. My original question, however, was is it a necessary step, or is it just an extra step lots of people are taking?

It's not mandatory but just extra protection as jaxx said.

I did tell ya in the beginning. Don't say I never warned you but lesson is learned and hopefully someone can learn off of you as well.

I would have opened the CPU as well to make 100% sure.

I hope it was the Advanced LRT you picked up because they used to make a Primochill LRT Pro tubing that had a few bad batches.

Glad it all worked out. :salute: Pics would be nice. :D

^^^this

A CPU block has microfins, microgrooves, injection plate and whatnot... GPU blocks don't have all that, at best some grooves over the main chip, but those are nowhere as thin/fine as the microgrooves/fins on CPU blocks.

CPU blocks will "clog up" long before a GPU block does.

Check my sig where I get tubing..... Ace hardware :thup: a couple few weeks on new tubing and running Windshield Washer Fluid. yes it has alcohol in it.... So? Keeps algae down and has a nice blue color to it. Have always run loops with alcohol even up to 50% mixture. Works pretty good, but some fluids are crap too. I was running ThermalTake Green loop fluids some years back and it turned the hoses green like that. So I figured to stay away from that color for a while....

Have you ever tried a 10% Dettol (pine scent) solution?

this is just an update,
it seems that the primochill advanced lrt is still working just perfectly
still pretty darned clear.

i removed my gtx 670, and replaced it with a gtx 970
but the card i got was compatible with the same ek waterblock, so that was awesome.

i also replaced some of my power cables with white individual braid ones and removed and or tried to hide most of the other random wires
all in all it looks alot better, but still could use small touches here and there

2014-11-30 15.52.37.jpg 2014-11-30 15.52.01.jpg

Back