• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JetWay JMA3-79GDG-LF help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acuradude

hello guys this is my second jma3 79gdglf my first won had a lot of problems and i sent it back for a replacement and i got and the other night i hooked it all up and the only thing that happens when i press the power button is the lights on the keyboard and mouse flash one time real fast and the fans and lights work. can anyone tell me whats wrong did i hook something wrong or is the motherboard bad and also my new corsair hx650 works just great so i know thats not the problem. please help and thanks in advance!! :bang head

Hello guys this is my second jma3 79gdglf. My first one had a lot of problems and I sent it back for a replacement.

I received it the other night I hooked it all up, however the only thing that happens when I press the power button is the lights on the keyboard and mouse flash a single time and then quickly turn back off but the fans and lights work.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Did I install a cable incorrectly or is the motherboard bad?

Also, my new corsair hx650 works just great so I assume thats not the problem.

Thanks in advance!! :bang head:

Fixed

This probably isn't the advice you want, but it's what I will offer. Don't buy cheap crap like Jetway, ECS or ASRock. Spend $100 on a good Gigabyte board and call it a day. Seriously.

For what it's worth, I have yet to have a bad out of the box Jetway, ECS, or ASRock board. And I've used all 3 quite a bit. I've had several bad ASUS, more dead Abits (though their gone, their crappy QC lives on!), and short-lived Gigabytes than I care to admit...

Is it possible they sent you the same motherboard back? Lots of companies' RMA services are just flat-out lazy like that. Any luck with simple things like a BIOS clear? Are all of your other components tested, and known-good items?

well it has a different serial number so im guessing it a different but the bios battery is the same one because it still had my finger print on it (lol) i have tried many times to reset the bios by pushing the bios clear button and all other components work great. is there something im missing and also if i get another motherboard these are the chooses i have picked out ( MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, and biostar) what would you all recommend? thanks

For what it's worth, I have yet to have a bad out of the box Jetway, ECS, or ASRock board. And I've used all 3 quite a bit.

Then you are one lucky dude, let me tell you.

I build quite a few computers per year. Out of my house type thing, no real business to go along with it. Last year I had a low one at 103 builds.

I've had a LOT of Asus boards be DOA. I won't use them. If someone specifically demands an Asus mobo, I tell them to find someone else to build their rig. The same goes for Jetway, ASRock and ECS. Now, research their warranties and come back and let me know which one only has a 30 day warranty, the one provided by Newegg let's say. One of those has a warranty that's only as good as long as Newegg or what ever vendor you buy from will allow you to return it. And that manufacturer also has a worse customer service experience than Asus if you can believe that.

The other two have abysmal customer support and their warranties are crap as well.

You buy the cheapest, you get the cheapest performance. I would rather have 5 Gigabyte boards go bad and have to replace them than 50 Jetway's or ECS boards work. Because while they may work right off the bat, when you're not really pushing any limits it's hard not to at least work, my experiences with them over my last 15 years of working on computers has shown those three in particular to be the shortest lived products. And I tend to give a warranty with my builds that ends up costing me money if I go with one of those three.

I won't deny that I'm lucky! :D

Really, though, I've never found "cheap" motherboards to be significantly less durable than "brand name" ones over the long run. As long as they survive the initial stage when you'll see failure-prone hardware fail (the infant mortality period), I've found mostly power supplies and cheap caps (which plague stuff from any maker) cause more motherboard deaths than being poor designs.

That's not to say that cheap boards overclock as well or are as well-featured as more expensive ones. They usually don't, and aren't. And lord knows the support isn't there for them (Jetway support in particular is pretty reprehensible). But for that matter, I've only dealth with ONE motherboard maker as long as I've been doing this (quite a long time now, BTW), that had truly stellar support, and that was EVGA. I got a real person, in the US, on the phone and could pick their brain about BIOS support for a few minutes, no BS. If only they all did that...

That's why I will go out of my way to try and increase someones budget. EVGA are more expensive for a reason and it's a reason I feel is very much worth the additional cost. Their warranty and customer service is industry leading IMO.

The primary issues I end up having with ECS and Jetway are dead memory slots or burnt up traces to the NB. While everyone can be affected by bad caps, ECS and Jetway, being as cheap as they are, use the cheapest caps they can find. I've got three dead ECS boards here in the garage. The caps they use are three and four times larger than those used by other companies and ECS/Jetway/ASRock all tend to have horrible....almost laughable, voltage regulation.

I was one happy SOB when EVGA started putting out Intel based motherboards! I wasn't going to buy another Nvidia based motherboard.

Back