• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Judge my build!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The thing your missing is the Mobo CPU Cooler Case i have a Sabertooth now but there warrantys are ending very soon so id essteianly paying 30 dollars for a crosshair v i dont intend on letting my room become the pit of hell this summer and the mobo machs my cses color scheme I Enjoy AMD im not opposed to trying new things but seeing as Intel costs 200+ bucks for a chip worth its salt and have a cpu i paid 100 for that has no warranty im not dropping an extra 200+ on a diffrent chip ~ so basically i setup a change in my system that follows a middle line between performance and looks.... basically im Editing the pieces i am able to edit

warranty loopholes

Im Just trying to gt some more space make everything look nice and color schemed inside my new case have a less spacy cooling cpu and have a case and mobo nice enough to have upgradeability and future

Last edited:
The thing your missing is the Mobo CPU Cooler Case i have a Sabertooth now but there warrantys are ending very soon so id essteianly paying 30 dollars for a crosshair v i dont intend on letting my room become the pit of hell this summer and the mobo machs my cses color scheme I Enjoy AMD im not opposed to trying new things but seeing as Intel costs 200+ bucks for a chip worth its salt and have a cpu i paid 100 for that has no warranty im not dropping an extra 200+ on a diffrent chip ~ so basically i setup a change in my system that follows a middle line between performance and looks.... basically im Editing the pieces i am able to edit

warranty loopholes

Im Just trying to gt some more space make everything look nice and color schemed inside my new case have a less spacy cooling cpu and have a case and mobo nice enough to have upgradeability and future
Well now that we have the full story we can help you...I totally get building a rig for looks. If you feel the CHV fits your looks better then by all means get it. There is nothing wrong with the parts you chose. I just wanted to try and find something that might fit your needs better. I will say with the 8320 if you're overclocking and planning on getting a second gpu down the road. 1 you should look for at least a 750w Psu and 2. AMD rigs in SLI/XFire do not do well, because the IPC of the Fx are poor at best.

Wel i intend to get another 970 in SLI maybe evntually get a 980

You just entered Intel territory my friend. Intel scales WAAY better with SLI vs AMD. WAY better.

Apart from that, there is the inherent flaw that FX platform only supports PCIE 2.0. That's already a PCIE 3.0 8X equivalent link on a single GPU.

Don't do this to yourself. You can afford an i5/Z97 build for roughly the same money here. Look at an entry level Z97 board like an ASRock Z97 Extreme 3. No need for high end boards with Intel. Their chips won't melt your low end board. Get a 4690K. There is no scenario for you as a gamer where buying an FX 8 core is going to work out better for you than an i5.

Also the H105 is pretty meh. There are better coolers from Swiftech, NZXT, Coolermaster. Or you can look at big air (NHD14) or giant air (NHD15).

Back