• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jumping PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Quick question -- Its been about 15 years since ive jumped a psu & I don't remember and figured id ask. Needing to use a PSU to build a watercooler for a tig machine. To turn it on I planned on jumping the green/black on the psu using a toggle switch but if memory serves me right even after the circuit is opened back up the psu will continue to run correct?

It should turn off if you pull the jumper or in your case open the switch contact.

Green wire ---> Grounded, PSU is ON. Green wire, not... grounded... PS is OFF ;)

Dont buy those... just use a small paper clip :) (since you're just doing it temporary)

Green wire ---> Grounded, PSU is ON. Green wire, not... grounded... PS is OFF ;)

Dont buy those... just use a small paper clip :) (since you're just doing it temporary)
Too simplify this green to any black using wire, paper clip what have you. I would go with a piece of decent gauge copper wire if your going to run it for awhile.

Last edited:
Back