• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a FX-4100 and it doesn't seem to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trents,
I noticed you are using the same board I am talking about.Am I right in assuming it is working well for you?

Yeah, I like it. No surprises. Mosfets and VRMs are covered by a sink. Board is spacious and there is a good distance between the CPU socket and the ram slots. This was my first Asus board and it took me a bit to get used to the bios but all the basic adjustment plus a couple extras are there. The only complaint I have about the bios is that there aren't many options for the LLC adjustment. Good value. This is not the "Evo" version of the board.

So I got the Asus board.Don't have time to install tonight but I will tomorrow night.It's revision 1.02.Hoping all the bios on this version is up to date

I got the Asus board and installed everything tonight.It's way faster than my old C2Q.Aero seems a bit flaky though.I can't seem to do anything in BIOS either.The mouse icon is stuck at the top right corner of the screen.Any Asus guys/gals got an idea around that?

Did you reinstall Windows? If not the chipset drivers are all wrong for the new motherboard and you need to do a fresh OS install.

I did re-install.Formatted the HD as well.I did notice that my WEI graphic score went way down.I thought it would go up since I finally have the card on pcie 2

Did you install the chipset drivers that came on the Asus CD in the motherboard box?

Yep.My BIOS is 0901.Most programs seem stable so far.Haven't stressed anything yet either.That is all tomorrow.I would like to figure out why the cursor is stuck in bios though

Bios isn't the same as chipset drivers.

Make sure you go into the usb configuration section of the bios and set it to work with "legacy" usb stuff.

The motherboard has PS2 ports for both the mouse and the keyboard so a PS2 mouse and a PS2 keyboard should both work but so should a usb mouse and a usb keyboard. Are you using both a PS2 mouse and a PS2 keyboard? Is that what you are saying? If so, they should work fine. I also think you have to choose the "UEFI" option in the opening bios screen in order to use the mouse in bios. It's along the bottom, a series of buttons.

I'm using a PS2 keyboard and it works fine.

I will reboot and give it another try as far as getting around in BIOS.That is what I really looked forward to.If not I will try when I wake up.Thanks for all the input

Didn't work.Cursor starts in middle then flies to the corner and won't move.Tried a different mouse and that didn't work.Would flashing it down then back up help maybe?

Didn't work.Cursor starts in middle then flies to the corner and won't move.Tried a different mouse and that didn't work.Would flashing it down then back up help maybe?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Pat, what method did you use to flash the bios? Typically, there are three methods:
1. Window-based flash utility
2. DOS-based flash utility from a self-booting floppy
3. From within bios itself with some kind of built in tool

I have not tried #3 but I have used both 1&2 without problems on various boards. #2 is the safest but requires some facility with text-based commands.

Back