• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered Mobile 2600+, Abit NF7-S V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
glock19owner, good point about the psu. i had an antec tp 330 before, good psu but i could go stable only to about 2.4GHz @ 1.725v with it. increasing the core voltage needed to get to 2.5 would result in some flux which is not good for stability.

i ended getting sparkle fsp-530; adjusted the pots so that 12v line goes into 11.9 territory only after throwing 2v core at it; now it's stable at 2530MHz @ 1.8 that i am running currently. too bad i need higher core voltage to get above 2.6GHz.

but it's still hard on the psu, even on fsp-530. voltages jump quite a bit. m/b it's the unit itself, i don't know; i heard fom other ppl that they get pretty stable voltages with fsp-530 and barton-m combination. keeps me wondering if i should have gotten fsp-530 in fortron variety instead :p .

mcoleg said:
glock19owner, good point about the psu. i had an antec tp 330 before, good psu but i could go stable only to about 2.4GHz @ 1.725v with it. increasing the core voltage needed to get to 2.5 would result in some flux which is not good for stability.

i ended getting sparkle fsp-530; adjusted the pots so that 12v line goes into 11.9 territory only after throwing 2v core at it; now it's stable at 2530MHz @ 1.8 that i am running currently. too bad i need higher core voltage to get above 2.6GHz.

but it's still hard on the psu, even on fsp-530. voltages jump quite a bit. m/b it's the unit itself, i don't know; i heard fom other ppl that they get pretty stable voltages with fsp-530 and barton-m combination. keeps me wondering if i should have gotten fsp-530 in fortron variety instead :p .

what about the antec 550 true control. dont they have dedicated rails or something?

i think TC's have the same arangment as fsp's - 12 and 5 volt on one circut, 3v on the other. by specs TC has more amps on 12v rail but i think you can adjust fsp's pots in broader range. keep in mind, this is a hear-say on my part :p , i don't have a TC to play with.

Mobil XP2500 Volts

Can anyone help me overclock this better with less voltage if possible, or will this voltage and temp hurt anything?

I keep reading everyones posts on how high everyone is clocking theses chips at low voltage and I can only get to 2255mhz.

NF7-S ver 2
512mb PC2700 Kingston
Enermax 651
Koolance Exos
XP2500 mobil Barton
Stepping IQYHA0347TPHW

166x13.5
2.0 vcore
2.9 Dram
1.6 chipset
1.7 AGP

Divider 5/5
Mem timing 11-3-3-2.5
Cooler Block says 33C
CPU on Bios says 51C
Stable on Prime95 now but if I drop the Vcore voltage to 1.95 it will only run for about 20 minutes before it says there is a error.

Any help is sure appreciated.

"Cooler Block says 33C
CPU on Bios says 51C"

check if the block makes good contact with the cpu. the dif. seems a bit too much.

NF7-S ver 2
512mb PC2700 Kingston
Enermax 651
Koolance Exos
XP2500 mobil Barton
Stepping IQYHA0347TPHW

155x16 = 2485mhz
2.06 vcore
2.9 Dram
1.6 chipset
1.8 AGP

Divider 5/5
Mem timing 6-3-3-2.5
Cooler Block says 32C
CPU on Bios says 56.5C
Stable on Prime95 for 8 hours now.

I'm not sure if its my ram or cpu but setting the multipler way up and underclocking the ram was the only way to get good speeds and have 100% stability.
I don't see why my ram has to be down around 310mhz when it should run 333mhz easy, but if anyone is having this problem they might try this.
It is working for me. I hope this CPU lasts at 2.06 volts.
I have read that these Mobil CPUs are designed to run up to 100C.
If I get a hold of some good ram I'll do other tests and Post.

As far as I can tell the Waterblock is making very good contact with the CPU. It's just a EXOS so performance won't be as good as some of your homemade units.

well, H2, you've got better cooling than i do anyways.

must be either RAM or chipset that's holding you back, methinks.
is northbridge been cooled well?

otherwise, good show man. keep at it.

Back