• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just so you guys know, NewEgg LIES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: ctl stick

jtymabel said:
just so you guys know, i sent back the samsung dtl stick to newegg and just received a ctl stick from them..no hassle
i love newegg. will keep ordering from them...know about the stick i just got? is it really samsung pc2700 ctl????

Hey jtymabel,

How did they do that? Did you ask them to send you a CTL or did they just send out a replacement stick and it happened to be CTL???

I tried to get them to fix me sence they sent me 2 sticks of DTL when i ordered the CTL and all they would do for me is give me an RMA..

hey KK... you know what... newegg is such a bad company i bet when they recieved your ram they took off the mailing stickers and put new ones on it and sent it back to you.

:yawn:

Maxvla said:
hey KK... you know what... newegg is such a bad company i bet when they recieved your ram they took off the mailing stickers and put new ones on it and sent it back to you.

Naw i know they didnt cause they recieved my last RMA the same day i got my new Samsung.. so..

Dont worry i'll still buy from your Newegg, i mean Newegg.com only cause they have the best shipping and fast service and they will take back anything.

KnownKiller said:

Naw i know they didnt cause they recieved my last RMA the same day i got my new Samsung.. so..

Dont worry i'll still buy from your Newegg, i mean Newegg.com only cause they have the best shipping and fast service and they will take back anything.

yeah i wasn't seriously saying they did... just giving you a jab. lol.
later.

ctl mem

How did they do that? Did you ask them to send you a CTL or did they just send out a replacement stick and it happened to be CTL???

well..asked them to send me what i had purchased, which was ctl memory. I also told them that if the ctl sticks where not available then i would purchase corsair xms 3200

Generally speaking, if I recieve a defective product I RMA it to the manufacturer not the distributer. If I recieve the incorrect product I RMA it to the distributer.

Newegg and Mwave have roughly equal pricing. The reason I go with Mwave is they give me the option of not shipping FedEx. I don't really have a problem with UPS and their 5-6 day ground is roughly half the price of FedEx 3-day. Single core components such as CPUs and RAM I will buy from Newegg, but any kind of bulk order I make will go to Mwave.

$0.02

Steelforge said:
Generally speaking, if I recieve a defective product I RMA it to the manufacturer not the distributer. If I recieve the incorrect product I RMA it to the distributer.

Newegg and Mwave have roughly equal pricing. The reason I go with Mwave is they give me the option of not shipping FedEx. I don't really have a problem with UPS and their 5-6 day ground is roughly half the price of FedEx 3-day. Single core components such as CPUs and RAM I will buy from Newegg, but any kind of bulk order I make will go to Mwave.

$0.02

Mwave still hasnt given me my 110$ for my old RMA'ed Epox 8KHA+ mobo, which was delivered dead.

its been like 5 months or more, and when i call they say "oh were puting it through now, youll get an email", than the email i get states they couldnt do it and to call.

the cycle continues

I just recieved my DTL stick when I ordered CTL. *******s:eek: Well it is RMA for refund I am not going to play the hope I get the right part game:mad:

the dtl i am using right now wont do 169FSB with 1.85v. i get my xms3200 tomorrow so i will hopefully be able to get 210fsb with that.

thank god the abit kx7 lets you choose when you want the 1/5 divisor. right now i have this ram underclocked and running 11.5x155.

Back