• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D System unresponsive after format

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

Spec are in my sig, secondary rig. Problem started after I installed the MP2800 chips. I can't get this rig to run stable enough to run even internet explorer. As soon as I open IE or any folder the computer reboots. When I installed the MP chips i started with a fresh HDD. I got tired of the lock ups and reboots so I wiped the entire drive and redid all my partitions on this rig. I now have a fresh copy of window xp on it but I can't do anything with it. Takes more than 4 minutes to load from a cold boot. I can't install any critical updates, it just sits there doing nothing while the screen says inspecting current configuration. I installed AV and firewall software before i ever connected to the internet. I'm using BIOS 18b2. Everything is set to stock settings. PSU is an Antec TP550watt. Any Ideas?

Hmmm, have you tried the 1.91 bios?I don't have MP's, i've got a pair of XP1700 Tbred B's MP and pin modded to run 15x150. I had the 1.6 bios and flashed to the 1.91. Started to have stability issues and flashed to the 1.82. Not a pproblem here now. Did you clear cmos by removing the battery?

Try the newer bios, if anything i'm sure you can flash back to the older bios.

Maybe someone else can give you a different idea/suggestion?

well I got tired of sitting here banging my head on the desk over it so I wiped the entire drive, did a low level format and reinstalled everything. Now it is working like a charm again. oh well. When in doubt do a low level format lol.

Back