• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KAPOW!!! The sound of $150 going down the toilet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Well, the fan on my xigmatek went out during a stress test and caused a capacitor to go KAPOW :(. I opened it a few week ago to dust i out so no warrenty for me:temper:. I would like to pick up a new one tomorrow at microcenter (and hope it didn't take my whole PC down with it

Here's what I'm looking at
Corsair 650w
OCZ GameXtreme 700w
Corsair 750 watt

I would like quiet above all else.

Last edited:
Here is what I suggest, pick one:

1) Corsair
2) Corsair
3) Corsair

lol thid :D

Out of your choices i would say corsair 750tx , will outlive several systems and is powerful enough to power most dual gpu setups . Dont void your warranty however just blow it out with air next time .

the corsair 650 will do you well. you could probably squeak by with the 520w model tbh but better off with the 650.

corsair bro

make sure u get a modular one

oh and how about some pics of the damage :) .....btw how did you like the smell haha!

That's the funny thing. It won't work, There was a loud pop, but when i opened it up, there was no damage except for a fan that was broken in two. but it's defiently dead
It overheated for sure, it was still really hot an hour after I left it alone
And the smell was nasty

Fan broken in two!!!! Are you so no-one slipped a micro bomb in their? Man, that must have been a big bang to break a fan in two???

Back