• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KAPOW!!! The sound of $150 going down the toilet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, I can't see ANY 1000W PSU being quiet dude....
Mine is dead silent, Can't hear it at all

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that underutilizing your PSU tends to reduce its efficiency...... Mind you, that has nothing to do with quietness....

I just find it hard to imagine is all. I tend to take a fairly moderate approach to most things as such I've never heard a 1000W PSU. Last time a read a review was for a 1000W Tagan or something which was noisy as.

Look at petteyg's chart for the Corsair 550 and 650

low-mid load is the sweetest spot for effeciency.

nobody recommended an Antec? :(
Antec Signature ppl!
OP did you get the new modular HX-750w PSU?
or the older TX-750 model.

even though Corsair PSUs are top of the line these days...everybody has one. what happened to being special? lol
if i was going for a high end PSU i'd get an Antec Sig for sure.

lols, i don't know why but i have a strange affiny with the good ol' seasonics! I have never used one though but the name sort of dragged me in and now i wish i had the funds to get one :p

Note that Corsair 650W is quieter than Corsair 750W. A review between the two specifically mentioned that.

Actually, I can't even hear the 750 at all. It's really nice

how about some 1000hx charts :)

btw im still waiting for the pics of the broken fan lol

Ah crap, I forgot all about them

Does anyone know who's the OEM for the 750?

Back