• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kernel-Power BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moonzta

Registered
Since making my new PC at the start of the year i keep getting a "kernel-power" BSOD, it can go two weeks to a month without a single BSOD then itll have 2 or so within a week, and repeat the pattern, i looked on google and i couldnt find any solutions to the problem and was wondering if anyone here knew what the problem/solution was?

Last edited:
A kernel power bsod means your computer shut down unexpectedly. Look in your event view for further info. Look in "Critical" and "Error" for potential causes.

ive looked at it, but im not sure what is causing it, google pretty much said noones sure because most people had different things happening when it happened, for me its always when the pc is idle (when im sleeping or at school)

Kernel power should not be the only thing is your even viewer. There will be other things listed. What else is listed?

only one of them has anything before it that hints to the problem which is the night my hard drive or ssd acted up and blue screened, the rest had nothing that indicates what happened

I'd check Gigabyte's website for updated motherboard drivers, if you haven't done so already. But, you really aren't providing any info about the particular error messages. It's hard to figure without any info.

Your oc, may also be unstable.

Last edited:
Back