• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tekOC said:
Oh my bad I'm talkin a bout the 2x512 sets.
still free :confused:

the 16 i see is for copper heatspreaders which you do not need. actually my ram wasn't supposed to come with it but it has one.

Albuquerque said:
Not that I'm going to admit to anything, but I happen to know ;) ;) ;) that the ADATA upgrade on the PC4200 1gb setup was free too ;)
oh really? ;) :cool:

:D got the 2nd stick today :)

this one again has heatspreaders even though i didn't select it and pay more for it.

results later tonight. gotta go to work :(

quick run on my a64 the new stick does about 288 mhz max through sandra mem bandwidth test. remember this is with 2.9. i'll have to swap a chip into my AI7 to give it a thorough thrashing. :)

gplracer said:
Do all of the 4200 memory modules on this page have Adata chips on them?
no when you select your quantity on the komusa page you must select adata brand chips in a drop down menu. don't worry about heatspreaders cause apparently they put them on whether you pay for them or dont.

Yeah, now I'm curious if mine are going to come with the heatspreaders too. Max, did you order yours via the available free USPS priority shipping, or did you do the UPS? (it sounds like you did UPS, but maybe I'm dumb and forgot?)

Anyway, I'm assuming mine should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday as they actually shipped out on Friday afternoon. USPS Priority usually only takes like three business days, but it will be moving for most of the weekend so here's hoping ;)

i think the later batches of this stuff is coming from the factory with the heatspreader on it. cause when i asked eandy lo at komusa about the chips on the pc3200-3500 hyperram he said they were samsung grade A and winbond chips, but he couldnt say definitively in what proportion because their memory builder ships the memory with em already on. what the heck.. a nice copper heatspreader for free also..

Last edited:
sorry. i am going to wait til i have my new hd and prescott in that rig before i test out dual channel capabilities.

to run that one rig i'd have to disable 2 rigs and i can't afford to lose the folding power right in the middle of a race.

Well if it makes you feel better, I should have mine here pretty quick. I can give you the results from my rig when they come in; I know that Macci had pretty good luck with my exact motherboard when he did 270 or something FSB at 2-5-2-2 on some Kingston HyperX 2700 (BH5 sticks).

After researching a bit on USPS Priority mail, there's a good chance I can have it as early as this coming Monday. :)

i should have both my processor and hd monday or tuesday as well :)

i plan on getting a 240-250mhz fsb oc then ramming 3.2v down this ram's throat and going 4:5 with it :D

Funny enough, this board has those same memory options... THe usual 3:2, 5:4 and 1:1 stuff, but then also 4:5 and 2:3 :D If only I knew what Macci did to vdimm mod this damn thing like he did...

most p4 mobos have 4:5. on most 800fsb boards you have to move the bus selection to 667 or 533 for it to appear as an option.

Back