• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Kraken X62 fans spin then stop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kashimi

Registered
As the title says I'm building my pc right now. I've been having a hard time getting it to turn on and everything, finally get it on and the kraken fans spin for about 2 seconds then stop. They keep doing it, and I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
I haven't done anything with the system other than turn it on. My front fans the LEDs aren't even working for some reason and now I can smell something like ozone. Idk what's going on. I wonder if the motherboard is messed up.

According to the manual they want you to download the software when you install it. Double check all your connections (I know, but it's part of the process when we aren't there to see) especially the SATA power connector. You can also try the secondary CPU fan connector by the first RAM slot.

What would explain the LEDs not working. When I turn the pc on they blink then they turn off and stay off. The control module doesn't seem to do anything either.

It did post, and I was able to get into the uefi and I could see the fans spinning from the monitor within the uefi, so the pc knows they are there. But it isn't keeping the lights on and both fan controls aren't responsive at all.

I'm so confused. I really don't want to deal with warranty issues for the motherboard or cooler, but I'm afraid I might have to.

What does ozone smell like?

When you say LEDs do you mean on the kraken?

What are cpu temps in windows?

Are you certain it is plugged in properly?

Did you install the software?

It's like a slight burning smell, but not like melting plastic or anything. And the smell is gone. It only lasted a couple of seconds. There aren't any scorch marks or visible differences.

LEDs I'm referring to are the 3 LED fans in the front of the case that came with it.

I don't have an operating system installed because I haven't gotten to that point.

Ok, I was trying to use cable mod white sleeved cables and decided to try to and use the stock sata cable and it worked for making the kraken fans spin.

The problem is that the three front fans are spinning, but only the middle one is lighting up now. I tried switching around the fans on the hub, but then none of them lit up.

I'm so confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be a punched wire, the wires are all free from the back side of the case to the inside only being held on by zip ties as that's how they came from corsair.

I contacted corsair to see if they can help.

i would test each one individually on the cpu pwm header of your mb. for testing just set the pwm header at 100%(you can set up a curve later). double check the corsair instructions.

Ok, I was trying to use cable mod white sleeved cables and decided to try to and use the stock sata cable and it worked for making the kraken fans spin.

The problem is that the three front fans are spinning, but only the middle one is lighting up now. I tried switching around the fans on the hub, but then none of them lit up.
Mis-wired custom cable or you plugged something in wrong. Fan headers and hub are borked now.
Maybe even the fans.

Corsair 570x RGB lighting issue

I have the Corsair 570X black case and an EVGA supernova 1000 P2. I plugged everything in, everything posted.

Fast forward to getting ready to finish the build and start closing up the tower and I go to do a final power sequence to ensure everything is good and I noticed that only one RGB sp120 (the middle one) will light up.

I swapped out the sata cable for an aftermarket one, and now the bottom one flashes but quickly turns off, but none of them light up.*

At one point they were all lighting up with no issue.*

Literally every other LED is on, the GPU is getting power, I know the psu is good. That's definitely not a concern.*

What else can I do? I've even tried switching out which fan is in which slot on the Pre included RGB hub from corsair, and it disabled all of the lighting. All of the fans are spinning though. So I don't know what to do.

I can post videos of both times I started up with different sata cables if that helps.

Moved Post # 14 into this thread from it being a standalone thread. These are 100% related issues.

It's not a related issue. I was using an aftermarket white braided sata cable which wasn't delivering proper power to the kraken causing the fans to not spin up correctly. Can you please put that other post back so I can get help with it.

It's not a related issue. I was using an aftermarket white braided sata cable which wasn't delivering proper power to the kraken causing the fans to not spin up correctly. Can you please put that other post back so I can get help with it.

Not sure how it isn't related. See the quoted post below from Mr.Scott

Mis-wired custom cable or you plugged something in wrong. Fan headers and hub are borked now.
Maybe even the fans.

It's very possible you blew out the LEDs on a couple of the fans with that bad cable. Test them without having them on the RGB hub.

How do you test the RGB function? The fan has two cables, one power, one LED. The power cables are plugged in directly to the motherboard, the led cables are plugged in to the hub, and the hub is plugged in to the sata port.

How do you test the RGB function? The fan has two cables, one power, one LED. The power cables are plugged in directly to the motherboard, the led cables are plugged in to the hub, and the hub is plugged in to the sata port.

Given that wiring type you'd have to get a different RGB hub to test the function.

Back