• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Life after a Hyper 212 Evo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thermaltake frio..... It beats my true 120 and every other air cooler I have owned, mine is a bit beaten up now after being mounted lots of times (hundreds) but still works like a champ,and the fans are probably the strongest ones I've had on a stock cooler

Last edited:
Its not bad. My gripe is that you have the to two Corsair fan wires. The molex from the pump. The other wire from the pump. To me its busy and messy. Compare it to an air cooler that does the same job with just two fan wires and a splitter. Much easier to rout to a single pwm connector.

Have you considered sleeving these wires to make them more attractive(color scheme) or less noticable(black)?

Why do all these coolers, air and AIO's need better fans right out of the box? You pay top dollar and they all come with crap fans?
The average consumer thinks "a fan is a fan" and has no idea how much better the good ones are. The one that comes with the 212 Evo is at least variable speed sine wave drive so it's a step above average, just right for a quad core. The few using it with a 6 core can easily afford to buy a $20 or so Delta fan.

Here's one that would work nicely on a 212 Evo or any heatsink that takes a slim 120mm fan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835706036
Note that those using quad cores should just try the stock fan with aggressive fan control settings.

The average consumer only needs those fans that comes with... and really so do most that come here really...

I would only run a delta if I benchmarked. But not for daily use. I'd rather take the $15 I saved and buy some beer and wings and sit with a few C higher temps.

To each their own though.

the 212 isnt a very good cooler.... its just great for the price when you can grab it for $20 or so.. phanteks or nh-d14 would run circles around it.

and on a heatsink a master blaster fan isnt gonna effect it that much the fan that is on it does a great job just not a fantastic heatsink.

The average consumer thinks "a fan is a fan" and has no idea how much better the good ones are. The one that comes with the 212 Evo is at least variable speed sine wave drive so it's a step above average, just right for a quad core. The few using it with a 6 core can easily afford to buy a $20 or so Delta fan.

Here's one that would work nicely on a 212 Evo or any heatsink that takes a slim 120mm fan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835706036
Note that those using quad cores should just try the stock fan with aggressive fan control settings.

Seriously, do you work for Delta?

the 212 isnt a very good cooler.... its just great for the price when you can grab it for $20 or so.. phanteks or nh-d14 would run circles around it.
The 212 Evo does a good job on a 6 core 3930k if the fan is upgraded. Full load temps under 65C. The 49xx 6 core chips and their Xeon equivalents might need a bit more cooling. A quad core should have no problems unless you're trying to pull every last MHz out of it.

And that particular fan I listed can be used on any heatsink that accepts a slim 120mm. The "fat" 120mm fans have better static pressure, but the 212 Evo is not restrictive enough to make a difference. (It could be a different story with a radiator or a high density heatsink.)
Seriously, do you work for Delta?
No, I just really like their fans and they have very good motor drive technology inside.
The Sanyo is a good choice, but there's nothing to indicate if the Sunon is the variable speed version (it probably isn't). Also take a look at Nidec, which has sensorless FOC just like Delta.

No, I just really like their fans and they have very good motor drive technology inside.

I won't disagree with that, but not every application calls for a Delta.
Just my $0.02

That said, I have 5 of the AFC1212D-PWM to go with my water loop.

Chris 2 of the better Air coolers I have that aren't as huge as the Noctua are,
Prolimatech Megahalems and a Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120. Picked them both up used on ebay for less then a CM 212.

I installed my Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 I won on eBay. It is bigger than the Hyper 212 Evo and seems better constructed. Thanks for giving me the info Manny.

Back