• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Limit of AMD Phenom II X6 1045T?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankTheWalrus

Registered
What is the Limit of the AMD Phenom II X6 1045T without raising the voltage? im getting a new heatsink in the mail tomorrow and i want to oc to 4ghz. is it possible to OC to that without raising voltage?

thanks for any response.

Every CPU will be different... but I HIGHLY doubt you would be able to reach 4Ghz with stock voltage. Thats a 1.3Ghz increase... almost 50% more.

Every CPU will be different... but I HIGHLY doubt you would be able to reach 4Ghz with stock voltage. Thats a 1.3Ghz increase... almost 50% more.

Most of the time im running at 3.2 anyways :/ how much of an increase will it have to be in volts do you think?

I found a listing of some pretty 'serious' overclocks in another forum. ONLY problem is the lowest 6 core thuban that anyone seemed using was the 1055T. It has a 14 multiplier and not the 13.5 yours has. So a llittle easier with bigger multiplier to get real speed out of since your cpu must be clocked by the FSB and not by just raising a multiplier.

I went thru the list of those 1055Ts and it appears 3.7Ghz was a pretty good clock and it took on average 1.455 to almost 1.5Volts. on the cpu as in Vcore. A few (a very few listed anyway) did the 3.9 and 4.0Ghz thing not sure if they were stable but was taking 1.55Vcore. Pretty hefty volts for sure.

So I would be willng to speculate that you might do 3.6Ghz but may easily take 1.45 to 1.475 volts if you have a good cpu and your board IS a good FSB overlocker. You need to bear in mind that to do 3.6Ghz the FSB/CPU Frequency has to go to 267 and a great number of average type motherboards struggle after 250FSB. You certainly have to put the memory on a lower divider since it rises with the FSB. NB speed rises with FSB as well and would need to be moved to a lower divider.

So if we were to be honest in our speculations, we would say 13.5 X 250 = 3375Mhz. That may be a real limit and anything more will depend on board, cpu, cooling and how much you can tweak each setting a little at a time to get the big speed. Luck to you man.

I found a listing of some pretty 'serious' overclocks in another forum. ONLY problem is the lowest 6 core thuban that anyone seemed using was the 1055T. It has a 14 multiplier and not the 13.5 yours has. So a llittle easier with bigger multiplier to get real speed out of since your cpu must be clocked by the FSB and not by just raising a multiplier.

Wow thanks for all of that. im going to try and OC when i get the heatsinnk on and set in (usually a couple of days right?)

I used to use OcZ Freeze compound and it took no burn-in time. The manufacturer should say what they consider seat/burn in time frame. AS5 says on their site that AS5 is 200 hour burn-in time. So the the time is very variable.

What is the Limit of the AMD Phenom II X6 1045T without raising the voltage? im getting a new heatsink in the mail tomorrow and i want to oc to 4ghz. is it possible to OC to that without raising voltage?

thanks for any response.

With reasonably good quality supporting components, most people are topping out at about 3.6 with that CPU. But you have told us nothing about the rest of your system. Motherboard? CPU cooler? Case? PSU? Ram?

With reasonably good quality supporting components, most people are topping out at about 3.6 with that CPU. But you have told us nothing about the rest of your system. Motherboard? CPU cooler? Case? PSU? Ram?

MOBO: MSI NF750-G55
CPU Cooler: Stock(ATM) getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus tomorrow in the mail.
CASE:Cooler Master HAF 912
PSU:Raidmax RX-630SS(wanting a new one)
RAM: 2 x 4GB of Patriot not exactly sure what model.

I used to use OcZ Freeze compound and it took no burn-in time. The manufacturer should say what they consider seat/burn in time frame. AS5 says on their site that AS5 is 200 hour burn-in time. So the the time is very variable.

ok, ill take a look.

MOBO: MSI NF750-G55
CPU Cooler: Stock(ATM) getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus tomorrow in the mail.
CASE:Cooler Master HAF 912
PSU:Raidmax RX-630SS(wanting a new one)
RAM: 2 x 4GB of Patriot not exactly sure what model.

What about your GPU? Might want to say something more about your ram like adding if its DDR3 and the rated frequency.

Then please take all that info and create a "Sig" so that it travels with every post you make. That really is a common courtesy to those helping you so that they have ready access to your system info. To create a Sig, click in Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on Edit Signature.

In general I have not liked Nvidia chipset motherboards since the NF4 which was above reproach. This board seems able to do fairly well. Hope the one in your hand is equal to the one I saw tested in the second review. Only time itself will tell the tale in your own testing.

Two MSI NF750-G55 Motherboard Reviews
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2009/11/19/msi-nf750-g55-motherboard-review/1

Powering the party is a 4+1 phase setup that should handle 140W CPUs, however don't expect a particularly large overhead: MSI has been known to cut it very fine. No DrMOS MOSFETs are included here, just the bog-standard old style are installed, but paired with the usual quality Nippon Chemicon capacitors and sealed chokes.

The review at this site has pictures of the Cell Menu where the overclocking is done.
http://www.testseek.com/labs/reviews/review-of-msi-nf750-g55-motherboard/?p=2740

What about your GPU? Might want to say something more about your ram like adding if its DDR3 and the rated frequency.

Then please take all that info and create a "Sig" so that it travels with every post you make. That really is a common courtesy to those helping you so that they have ready access to your system info. To create a Sig, click in Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on Edit Signature.

your request is complete.:thup:

In general I have not liked Nvidia chipset motherboards since the NF4 which was above reproach. This board seems able to do fairly well. Hope the one in your hand is equal to the one I saw tested in the second review. Only time itself will tell the tale in your own testing.

Thanks, i will take a look.

Frank, why are you running your ram in single channel mode? The two sticks are identical, aren't they? If so, put one in slot 1 and the other in slot 3 instead of slot 1 and 2. You sacrifice considerable performance in single channel mode.

Frank, why are you running your ram in single channel mode? The two sticks are identical, aren't they? If so, put one in slot 1 and the other in slot 3 instead of slot 1 and 2. You sacrifice considerable performance in single channel mode.

For some odd reason its saying its single channel mode but i have them in 1 & 3.

EDIT: i can take a picture and post it so you can see how i have it.

Last edited:
Don't need a pic but please consult your motherboard owner's manual for how to install the ram for dual channel mode. Some boards use same colored slots for dual channel and some have you put each of the two sticks in different colored slots. Or, it may be that you have to populate certain slots first before others in order to get dual channel.

Back