• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Limit of AMD Phenom II X6 1045T?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't need a pic but please consult your motherboard owner's manual for how to install the ram for dual channel mode. Some boards use same colored slots for dual channel and some have you put each of the two sticks in different colored slots. Or, it may be that you have to populate certain slots first before others in order to get dual channel.

Mine are like this...

[========]
[========]
[========]
[========]

Did you do this yet?

No i forgot about that. checkig it now.

EDIT: i did look at it and it says that side by side is dual channel. now if i can find out where i saw the single channel in the first place i would be so happy.

EDIT 2: found it and it is in DUAL channel now :D thanks.

Last edited:
Dotn go SLI unless you have a multi monitor setup... For $300 (cost of two 560's) you can get a single card which works 100% all the time, less power, heat, etc...

What ED said. Right now, I think you can even get a GTX580 for $300. Or if you feel like waiting a month (release was announced) the GTX 660Ti will be ~$300.

Dotn go SLI unless you have a multi monitor setup... For $300 (cost of two 560's) you can get a single card which works 100% all the time, less power, heat, etc...

im going to get 2 screens and then finally a 3rd one somewhere down the line.

My current 550Ti is enough to do that and game at 1080p.
I bet... with settings turned down, sure. That thing barely eeks over 30 FPS with modern games at 1920x1080 at their highest settings. I couldnt play BF3 with a 560ti at 1920x1080 Ultra.

It looks like it will perform >=GTX 580.
I havent seen a peep on that card performance wise. Have any links handy I can read?

Link 1 This has some specs and a release date.
Link 2 Same release date and some of the same specs.

I don't run max on 1080p, but mostly high using NVidia's VSync/Adaptive AA and leaving them off in game.

Edit: Another link
Edit 2: And again

I'm assuming you'll run a game on one and the other will be a "utility" monitor?

My current 550Ti is enough to do that and game at 1080p.
I bet... with settings turned down, sure. That thing barely eeks over 30 FPS with modern games at 1920x1080 at their highest settings. I couldnt play BF3 with a 560ti at 1920x1080 Ultra.

Maybe not ultra, but high with only a little AA, I can get 45fps minimum out of my 550Ti dual screen setup. That still looks way better than a console, lol.

Maybe not ultra, but high with only a little AA, I can get 45fps minimum out of my 550Ti dual screen setup. That still looks way better than a console, lol.

Run on high, but use nvidia's newest drivers that have adaptive AA and adaptive Vsync. It'll put you closer to 55-60fps. They worked some serious magic with that stuff.

High with FXAA and SSAO Id imagine. New drivers or not those are tremndous FPS for that card. :)

Hello Mr. "FrankTheWalrus", before we get completely lost in coming video cards, did you get your new cpu cooler in and did you get you some overclock going on?

The 3xx.xx drivers did wonders for it. For all their cards actually.
They didnt do that much. Im on them, and compared for my setup. a few FPS which is significant, but it doesnt take a slow as card and make it fast. It makes a slow *** card put out a couple more FPS. :thup:

EDIt: Crap.. we did drift a bit.. my bad. :)

Back