• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Metal Pro destroyed my stock Dell Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Every now and then you see interesting stories like this one, where the poster blatantly disregarded the safety announcements when dealing with Liquid Metal...

Meanwhile in the back of the package :

Clipboard01.jpg

Idiots making themselves known to the public is one of youtube's few redeeming qualities. :clap:
I generally go there for the music. I read somewhere that the average IQ is 100. That means a lot of people are in double digits, and a lot of them seem to have youtube channels.

yeah just about any liquid metals are very reactive with aluminum look up mercury and gallium reaction videos pretty cool stuff.

also who puts that expensive of tim in a dell.

Not to mention there's not that much to be gained by putting LM on the topside of the lid as compared to conventional TIM.

The only liquid metal I used was Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, but it has a bright orange card that comes in the package that says not to use it on aluminum.

Back