• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LMAO a xeon E5450 is a monster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also I forgot to mention that the HD 7870 beats out a GTX 950. And for only $80 you really can't forget wrong

Also I forgot to mention that the HD 7870 beats out a GTX 950. And for only $80 you really can't forget wrong
hook me up with a 7870 for $80 =D

2nd on the GTX 950: I got one for laughs a few months back. In a few more months probably gonna try and blow it up like this: http://cryptomining-blog.com/3757-h...-target-limit-on-geforce-gtx-970-and-gtx-980/

Last:

this is my Q9650 @3.69GHz

(404cp in multithread)

So you're kicking my arse in multithread R15 despite being 560MHz slower. But I'm faster in single thread at 120 vs 103.

Are you running DDR3 q9650?

Actually a while back I had spotted r9 270s for $150 and was telling my brother to go with that. Remains to be seen what we'll settle on.

Socket 1366 was the last socket before Intel integrated the entirety of the traditional chipset Northbridge into the proc, which means it's the last traditional Intel socket - the mobo still controlled the show.

In short, YES. It's worth looking for surplus 1366 xeons on ebay.

Hey i started a thread over in the intel mobo section that might be nice if you have any feedback. Thanks

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/772580-1366-X58-and-Xeon-What-combo-would-be-best

Socket 1366 was the last socket before Intel integrated the entirety of the traditional chipset Northbridge into the proc, which means it's the last traditional Intel socket - the mobo still controlled the show.

In short, YES. It's worth looking for surplus 1366 xeons on ebay.

Wasn't that socket 775? 775 was the last to have an FSB.

Wasn't that socket 775? 775 was the last to have an FSB.
Sorry, I just meant it was the last Intel socket where you could really play with the clock generator for the base clock (regardless of what that bus actually is) and have it do something meaningful. Important because you could use a normal "locked" processor and still have fun.

Technically Sandy Bridge you could up the base clock, but the system pretty much choked if you went over 108 (from a base of 100). I think Lynnfield and Clarkdale (Socket 1156) might have had some adjustments, but I don't really know much about that socket - it was pretty much overshadowed by D0 stepping 920 and then Sandy coming right after it.

EDIT ADD:

Okay I stand corrected, apparently socket 1156 was pretty good about bus overclocks?! http://www.anandtech.com/show/2832/18

Last edited:
Sorry, I just meant it was the last Intel socket where you could really play with the clock generator for the base clock (regardless of what that bus actually is) and have it do something meaningful. Important because you could use a normal "locked" processor and still have fun.

Technically Sandy Bridge you could up the base clock, but the system pretty much choked if you went over 108 (from a base of 100). I think Lynnfield and Clarkdale (Socket 1156) might have had some adjustments, but I don't really know much about that socket - it was pretty much overshadowed by D0 stepping 920 and then Sandy coming right after it.

EDIT ADD:

Okay I stand corrected, apparently socket 1156 was pretty good about bus overclocks?! http://www.anandtech.com/show/2832/18

Actually I have skylake and the Overclocks are great. I had it at 4.6GHz with a base of 200, lol. It works differently because it doesnt effect the PCIE lanes only the memory.

Late answer

Hello. Write me please your voltages. I have motheboard P5Q3 and Xeon e5450.

Hi, sorry, the message about the post arrived to my spam folder in the mailbox.

Today after work I will go to my BIOS and copy out everything for you.

Cheers.

Back