• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longhorn 4051 Web Browser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok this is not a thread on how to get Longhorn. Please don't ask. This is not a thread on cracks or hacks or anything else even remotely like that.

Ok now that the disclaimer is out of the way.

The Web Browser in Longhor 4051 is Wicked at least in my opinion it makes all others seem drab and plain and just plain clunky.

I have tried various other browsers and none of them fit into what I wanted. Firebird and what not just did not do it for me. This one just seems to do it for me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this style browser for XP, do you think there is a chance Micro$oft is going to release this as the next version of IE. It says it is IE Version 6.0.5.4051.0

I will post a screen shot of what it looks like in a min or 2.

TazExtreme3 said:
alright, heres the link to download Internet Explorer pre 6.05 build 0008 (Extracted from Longhorn) http://www.couillon.be/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=32

Thank You Very much, you are awesome. I dont know how you managed to find that but cool.

I did try and it and its not really what I am looking for. But it is still pretty cool. It does load and works but it is missing a bunch of the integration that I was looking for. Do you know of anyway to make it go full screen. It wants to just open up a window but wont stretch out to full size. I am going to play with it and see what I can do.

Thanks again for the help.

Capt

fiji said:
so its the same thing as the regular IE, but with a new skin?

I don't know I haven't tested or tried it, I just found it

Capt Fiero said:

Thank You Very much, you are awesome. I dont know how you managed to find that but cool.

I did try and it and its not really what I am looking for. But it is still pretty cool. It does load and works but it is missing a bunch of the integration that I was looking for. Do you know of anyway to make it go full screen. It wants to just open up a window but wont stretch out to full size. I am going to play with it and see what I can do.

Thanks again for the help.

Capt

again I don't know anything about it, I just found it with google.
BTW, it took 2 hours to find, sometimes you just gotta look and try different search terms. Google is your friend!:) and it will eventually find what you are looking for

cool. under the help/about it says pre build 6.05 from microsoft beta team. its evidently incomplete. As capt fiero said, there is no full screen option. still the layout is awesome. i really like it. I do not think this is extracted from longhorn however, seems to me like it's a beta pre-release of whatever ended up in longhorn.

J.

*edit* here u might find this interesting.

http://microsoft-beta.net/forum2/

ok, edit again. This browser is not anything officially related to microsoft in any way. the programmer is german, and he's created this browser as a look-alike from what he's seen in Longhorns IE. That will explain y there is no integration, and quite a few other things as well.

J.

Last edited:
Well I pretty much gave up on that look a like browser. It does give you an idea of what the new IE is gonna be but leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks again though.

On a new note. I have started installing some apps.

ICQ no go
Outlook works
Analog X stuff no go
UT2003 belive it or not RUNS BETTER than on my XP Partition
Ad Muncher works
AVG Works
Messanger Works

This is as far as I have gotten. I did find that I kinda like having a dual boot system becuase I can scan the windows XP directory without question with AVG same goes for Spybot and Ad-Aware.

I have Longhorn installed on a 70gig partition so I have lots of room to play.

If anyone has any newly released tweaks please drop me a note.

Capt Fiero said:
Well I pretty much gave up on that look a like browser. It does give you an idea of what the new IE is gonna be but leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks again though.

On a new note. I have started installing some apps.

ICQ no go
Outlook works
Analog X stuff no go
UT2003 belive it or not RUNS BETTER than on my XP Partition
Ad Muncher works
AVG Works
Messanger Works

This is as far as I have gotten. I did find that I kinda like having a dual boot system becuase I can scan the windows XP directory without question with AVG same goes for Spybot and Ad-Aware.

I have Longhorn installed on a 70gig partition so I have lots of room to play.

If anyone has any newly released tweaks please drop me a note.

If the programs are not installing.... by finding the main installation program set the compatiblility to 'Windows XP' thats what i do to by-pass anything that needs Windows XP before you can install the program...

Back