• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking around for a good POST diagnostic card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

I'm looking for a POST diagnostic card that will work with PCI-E... I have an older one for PCI alone and of course it does not work with the new slots. I have been looking around (principally on ebay and amazon) and I can't really understand what's what with the new diagnostic cards. Can anyone recommend a card that works well for them? thx

Yes, thx. The thing is that page presents me with 25 choices, none of them with a coherent review. Like what I'm seeing on Ebay as well. I used a PCI POST diagnostic card for years and now I am noticing that it does not work anymore on the modern boards. I am finding that not all boards have the built in POST diagnostic module incorporated. Looking for some place or person with a review(s) of one of these.

are you having problems with your system ? or want this to help with other pc's ?

Most of the time the mb Beep code is good enough for me . And now alot of mid-high end mbs have a LCD display built in to show what the problem is .

are you having problems with your system ? or want this to help with other pc's ?

Most of the time the mb Beep code is good enough for me . And now alot of mid-high end mbs have a LCD display built in to show what the problem is .

No, no problems with my system... for working on other people's systems. The other week, someone needed a repair on a pretty modern MSI mobo, i mean modern in the sense it had DDR4 RAM, etc. The mobo had no onboard POST diagnostic. (My older board does, surprisingly enough). Anyway, Zero Beeps, so I tried my old PCI card, and nada... So I would like to have one that works adequately with the new-ish PCI-E format.

Its not about age so much as the level of board it is. Most midrange+ boards have it.... however many dont.

Back