• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for 2x4gb to upgrade my system (I have already 2x4GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkpollo

Registered
Hi,

I have a motherboard Gigabyte Z77-D3H with an i5 3570k and two samsung memories 4gb DD3-1600 model mv3v4g3us
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-memory-mv3v4g3us
the system is 3 years old, but it still works fine so I am not going to upgrade the whole lot.

I was thinking to upgrade the memory to 16gb but I am not sure what 2x4Gb can I buy to pair with these two I have.

I have not overclocked the system yet but I was planing to do it soon.

I am at UK, in case it helps.
Any suggestions on memory that I can buy?
Is it worth to upgrade the memory, I think it is, but I am happy to listen to others.

Thanks

Good question. Yes I suppose I am, considering chrome is a pain in the *** right now.

Check and see in Windows Task Manager.
If you are then I suggest buying 2x8GB and selling your current 2x4GB kit, assuming you can't buy the exact same kit any longer.

I cannot buy the same one, I just checked before to write the post.

Do you think it is easy to sell them?
Any suggestions on a good place to sell? Wallapop? a forum? ebay?

I hadn´t think that option, Thanks

I don't know where is best to sell used computer parts in the UK, sorry.

I think I am going to see how much or how easy is to sell here, and decided afterwards.
But seems logical to buy 2x8gb and do the complete upgrade.

Thanks!

Any time!

If you can't make an easy sell, just make sure to match all the speeds, timings, and voltage of your current RAM kit to the new kit :)

Any time!

If you can't make an easy sell, just make sure to match all the speeds, timings, and voltage of your current RAM kit to the new kit :)

Probably I will come here to ask again when I decided exactly which one to buy. :D
Thanks again!

Back