• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for help with overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Johan since you mentioned that the CPU_NB would make it more stable I decided to bump the vcore down a notch back to 1.425 so far its been running stable for about 40 minutes, still at the 3.8ghz. I might see how low I can get the Vcore while staying stable, and then try to bump my multiplier back to 4.0ghz. LLC is still on auto at this point in time for both the CPU and the CPU_NB.

Temperatures are about the same as when the system had the VCore set to 1.431250, 44c for all the cores, and 46c for the CPU.

Vdroop and LLC have nothing to do with what cooling you have. Its about how good the power section of the motherboard are.

I would do what RGone said for sure.

I was just offering feedback on the article. Rgone could solve most of these issues blindfolded. All I know is plenty of people have successful denab/phenom II overclocks with that motherboard. You don't have to agree with me, but I would encourage you to re-read the linked thread. That's not a large enough symptom list to really gather revelations.

I said cooling contributed to the problems being dissimilar, nothing more. Please don't put words in my mouth. The gentleman posting there was reaching a temp limit at 4.0ghz with his LLC config, where here, he's far below limits for voltage and temps on a 965 processor, especially for his liquid cooling.

This is taken from the linked thread, and the problem are his temps when :
"the chip never goes lower than 1.32V anyway, but under load it still bumps up to 1.43V, which is not acceptable for my air cooling - results in 75 Socket under load!"

Please, lots get on to helping the gentleman solve his problems. sorry about bringing this off topic.

here are a few of my settings for 4.0 on this combo, m5a97 r2.0 with a 965be.

bios/advanced/ai tweaker.
llc= auto
cpu/nb voltage= offset mode
offset mode sign= +
cpu offset voltage= auto
cpu/nb offset mode sign= +

these work very well for my happy little rig at both 3.8 and 4.0

Hey just a quick update guys, I'm still planning on working on my overclock some more, however I went to Atlantic city for the weekend, so I won't be posting any updates until Monday

here are a few of my settings for 4.0 on this combo, m5a97 r2.0 with a 965be.

bios/advanced/ai tweaker.
llc= auto
cpu/nb voltage= offset mode
offset mode sign= +
cpu offset voltage= auto
cpu/nb offset mode sign= +

these work very well for my happy little rig at both 3.8 and 4.0

What is your VCore usually set to when at 4.0 just out of curiosity?

with the darn good folks you have helping you i can give you no better advice that to follow them- they truly know the way.
( and they are all still teaching me).

Back