• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for mobo --> OC Aircooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark3n

Registered
Hi,

I searched a little on the forum and with the buyer guide but I've not founded what exactly i'm looking for.

With the bulldozer arriving, I hope that the phenom's price will decrease and just for fun I wanted to buy a phenom x4 + a mobo.

The thing is, as I'm a student my budget is not so high, what is the best chipset / mobo for oc concerning the AMD plateform ? for intel the p67 is quiet good.

do you have an advice for a particular mobo ? not exceding 100$/120$ ?
it doesn't matter if the mobo will be compatible with the bulldozer

I already have :
DDR3 Gskill ripjaws 12800
noctua u12p se2

thanks,

Either 890FX or 990FX is the top end AMD chipset, but you can start getting into that at retail for just above $120 so thats a bit on the high end of your target range. In your price range, you are probably looking at something more like the 880 chipset.

The obvious CPU you want is the 955 Black Edition. You have a lot of options for close to $200 total including the CPU and mobo, and I'd look through the combo deals here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ubCategory=343&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

Some items that stick out to me:
Asus m4a87td - $94 and comes with turbo v, which is a really nice software OC tool
Asus m4a88td-v evo
Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H

Lot's of choices, I'd look at prices first, then start comparing mobo features depending on what you are looking for.

Back