• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop keeps getting dirty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wingman, was that intended to be directed at me? The source link points to a post that doesn't say what is quoted, so I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

If you're asking me if I shop at the microcenter (near the publix) in Marietta, then yes and no. I've been there and bought stuff before, but I don't generally buy PC stuff at brick and mortar stores.

If you've got a specific question, I'd encourage you to PM me or start a new thread or something, in an effort to keep this thread on topic.

Loosen up eight ball..

Try a smile or lobstertube...

Cant go wrong..

Just because a post or 2 drift, dont mean that the thread is lost. (but thanks for the highlight) :salute:

We find our way back Marshall, not to worry:p

Last edited:
and we move on..

TS it seem like you got some real issues, not only a small amount of dirt in the loop caused by random dust, something causing this, something major, is my guess

The balancer dont look great at all..

you cooling medium?, chemicals added to the water?

Only guessing here.. for something to appear, something has to come off, from somewhere (most of the time, unless its a chemical reaction)

Looks like the Santa in a dome (water filled), turn it upside down, and its snowing..

Last edited:
Biocide> citric acid = which isnt very good, due to some things. 1 is, it looses its properties pretty fast, after added to water (diluted), not even experienced cannabis growers use it to lower the PH, because the PH is coming back really fast.. back to before,well under 48 hours

should be able to fade the dye/ink. if used in excess tho

and cause other issues..

leaving it 2 you pro's now..

><

zzz

Last edited:
wingman, was that intended to be directed at me? The source link points to a post that doesn't say what is quoted, so I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

If you're asking me if I shop at the microcenter (near the publix) in Marietta, then yes and no. I've been there and bought stuff before, but I don't generally buy PC stuff at brick and mortar stores.

If you've got a specific question, I'd encourage you to PM me or start a new thread or something, in an effort to keep this thread on topic.
I just was thinking it was cool that there is someone in this form that shops at the same store some times, what a small world.:)

often people find crap in the cpu block, and its colored in the same color as the coolant.. Lets blame someone? feser, mayhem?. If you the is clean that crap wont build up in the first place..

Generally speaking that might be true in some cases, but certainly not in mine.
The orange flaky stuff in the picture I posted doesn't look like anything that came out of a fresh unboxed product and it wasn't some "random dust" either.

I DID clean everything multiple times when I first bought the parts.

I don't see why you have the need to defend dyes after it is known, that they do bring problems with them. I, too, did know that, but have found many people who were happy with their mayhem dye and reported no problems, that's why I gave it a try. And after the first time I noticed this, I didn't suspect the dye. So don't say I just blindly blame the dye for something I did wrong.

After this I made my own experience and can only advice against them, except if you drain your loop every month or so. But even then, it brings more
hassle than benefits.

But if you like them so much, feel free to use them.

Hehe :D
I meant, I hope that the issue I had twice now was the dye and that that particular problem is solved once and for all.
The next one will be most likely an algae problem, since I'm not running a biocide for now :shock: :D

Hehe :D
I meant, I hope that the issue I had twice now was the dye and that that particular problem is solved once and for all.

You never opened your blocks so we'll never know. ;)

The next one will be most likely an algae problem, since I'm not running a biocide for now :shock: :D

:facepalm: :rofl: Oh, when will the young water cooling buck ever learn.

Back