• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you want 3 fans for the rad unless you already have one...

Apogee is an old school block, but works fine (I use one).

What is the distribution block for? No fan controller? Why not get a fan controller that does PWM?

I think you want 3 fans for the rad unless you already have one...

What is the distribution block for? No fan controller? Why not get a fan controller that does PWM?

I completely farted out my brain apparently.

I liked the look/mounting of the Apogee HD, and it performs pretty close to the Raystorm/Supremacy.

I was going to run all of the fans and the pump from the PWM header on the motherboard. I would rather have it all controlled automatically.

That is exactly why I still continue to use that block as it is easy breezy to remove and replace...

So that block combines everything to one PWM header? I assume that block is powered on its own? Otherwise, you could fry your header powering the pump and fans...

That is exactly why I still continue to use that block as it is easy breezy to remove and replace...

So that block combines everything to one PWM header? I assume that block is powered on its own? Otherwise, you could fry your header powering the pump and fans...

Yes, it runs off one PWM header. It has two wires to pull from the mobo header (RPM and Signal), and the power comes from either a Molex or SATA connector.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...wer_8W-PWM-SPL-ST.html?id=6UBzhbVe&mv_pc=7736

Switched to that one in my cart, I think it would be easier to mount/hide.

Looks good. If you want a nicer blue color from the tubing, look at XSPC HighFlex, it's also cheaper. The UV Blue from Primo has a purple tint to it which throws me off unless it's sitting under UV light, in which it glows almost the same as the XSPC.

Post back with how you are liking the rad/res/pump combo.

As an example:
XSPC UV Blue:
http://www.simplifiedstyle.com/IMG_20130729_174434.jpg

Under UV light:
http://www.simplifiedstyle.com/IMG_20130729_023300.jpg

PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Brilliant UV Blue:
http://www.simplifiedstyle.com/IMG_20140210_181618.jpg

Under UV light:
http://www.simplifiedstyle.com/IMG_20140210_230214.jpg

Disregard messy wires

Last edited:
Looks good. If you want a nicer blue color from the tubing, look at XSPC HighFlex, it's also cheaper. The UV Blue from Primo has a purple tint to it which throws me off unless it's sitting under UV light, in which it glows the exact same as the XSPC.

Post back with how you are liking the rad/res/pump combo.

Other than the motherboard, its the only blue planned. Shouldn't notice it too much through the window.
Besides, a little purple adds a little swagger :thup:

Will do, I'll be ordering after getting some answers about the case (its in another thread).

I think you're confusing the older Apogee XT since they both have the same name. That block ATM is purchasing, Apogee HD, is the newer CPU block that came out around the same time as the raystorm if I recall correctly.

Its a good block ATM. You won't be disappointed.

I'd stick with PrimoChill's Advanced tubing.

Last edited:
Its a good block ATM. You won't be disappointed.

I'd stick with PrimoChill's Advanced tubing.

Good to hear, that's what Martin's testing seemed to say as well.

Definitely going Advanced LRT, only decision now is color (probably will stick with the Brilliant UV Blue).

Had a thought this morning, is that rad/res/pump meant to be mounted vertically (in the front)?
If not, I'll get the 2.120 version and add the 3.120 later.

Had a thought this morning, is that rad/res/pump meant to be mounted vertically (in the front)?
If not, I'll get the 2.120 version and add the 3.120 later.

With those you're limited on how to position the rad with the pump on it. I know you can't have the pump up top of the rad, upside down if you will. Check their site. I believe they have a diagram on what you can and not do.

With those you're limited on how to position the rad with the pump on it. I know you can't have the pump up top of the rad, upside down if you will. Check their site. I believe they have a diagram on what you can and not do.

I will definitely either put the radiator in the top of the case, or front of the case.
If front, it will be with the pump at the bottom for sure.

Their site examples show that either configuration should work, just wanted to see if anyone had issues in a particular mounting condition.

So, I just looked for reviews on the fans I picked (chose them with their manufacturer specs, planned to look for reviews later), but I couldn't find any.

Does anyone know how they perform (read: do they do what the manufacturer says)

So, I just looked for reviews on the fans I picked (chose them with their manufacturer specs, planned to look for reviews later), but I couldn't find any.

Does anyone know how they perform (read: do they do what the manufacturer says)

I was going to use those fans but like you no info to be found so NB E loops are what I chose

I was going to use those fans but like you no info to be found so NB E loops are what I chose

I could go p-p for the cost of those :shock:

No offense, but if I'm paying $25 per fan it'll be something with more than ~2mmH2O.

The specs are not always proof in the pudding
The E loops rank second in testing to the GT's that are top fans for rads
Check out Martin's reviews, and yes the NB's are $$$

Back