• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low ram frequency problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevek93

Hi all,

Just upgraded my motherboard to a Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 everything was working fine till I tried to change the ram frequency to 1800mhz rebooted the with the following message from the BIOS PC failed to over clocked. So I resetted my setting in the bios, Now speccy is reading the ram as 668MHz but the BIOS is seeing it as 1333mhz I tried possibly everything I can think of to fix it with no avail. :confused:

Edit: Windows task manager is reading it as 1333mhz but WEI is scoring it at 5.9 when it was 7.3 before the change.

Last edited:
668 * 2 = ~1333.

The ram you have is DDR = Double Data Rate. So you are actually running at 668Mhz but its DDR rate is 1333MHz.

WEI is a useless barometer to measure performance.

What kind of ram do you have, can you link to it on newegg or something? Perhaps post a CPUz screenshot of the memory and SPD tabs so we can better assit. ;)

No idea on the WEI, like I said, its really kind of useless for performance barometer.

Yeah, 1333MHz ram rarely reached such speeds without adding voltage or loosening the timings.

Hmm could be a bug in Windows 8 so. Anyways good to know I haven't broken anything lol thanks EarthDog.

Back