• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M$ Office 2007 - Outlook 2007 slow when opening first email!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What build of Officie 2007 are you using? Are you ever prompted to save changes to the global template when you close Word?

If you have Office installed you also have normal.dotm (global template), to find it you have to show hidden files & folders. Open Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the Tools menu. Click the View tab, in Advanced settings pane, click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders. Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK. Click Start, click Run, type %appdata%\microsoft\templates, and then click OK. Delete the following files: Normal.dotm, Normalemail.dotm

If that doesn't help try this to see if you have enabled word add-in's that may be in conflict. In the upper-left corner of the screen, click the Office button. In the lower-right area of the drop-down box, click Word Options. In the Word Options page, click Add-ins in the left menu. At the bottom of the page, select COM Add-ins in the Manage: drop-down list, and then click Go. If add-ins are listed in the COM Add-Ins dialog box, temporarily turn off each add-in. To do this, click to clear the check box for each COM add-in that is listed and click OK. Close and restart Word, when Word starts it will not load the COM add-ins that you turned off. Test if this helps.

What build of Officie 2007 are you using? Are you ever prompted to save changes to the global template when you close Word?

If you have Office installed you also have normal.dotm (global template), to find it you have to show hidden files & folders. Open Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the Tools menu. Click the View tab, in Advanced settings pane, click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders. Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK. Click Start, click Run, type %appdata%\microsoft\templates, and then click OK. Delete the following files: Normal.dotm, Normalemail.dotm

If that doesn't help try this to see if you have enabled word add-in's that may be in conflict. In the upper-left corner of the screen, click the Office button. In the lower-right area of the drop-down box, click Word Options. In the Word Options page, click Add-ins in the left menu. At the bottom of the page, select COM Add-ins in the Manage: drop-down list, and then click Go. If add-ins are listed in the COM Add-Ins dialog box, temporarily turn off each add-in. To do this, click to clear the check box for each COM add-in that is listed and click OK. Close and restart Word, when Word starts it will not load the COM add-ins that you turned off. Test if this helps.

Well i tried all of this with no luck ! :mad::mad::mad:

I know for a fact word is opening when i start outlook because if i open just work i get doc1 in the toolbar but if i open work while outlook is open then i get a doc2 in the toolbar when i really only have one word doc opened.

Back