• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99X EVO /w Corsair Vengeance 16gig kit (Low Profile)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mantis187

Registered
new machine is running smooth doing all my updates and what not as we speak. only problem im having is that windows is only allowing me to use 7.96 out of 16gigs of it. ive went into the bios changed everything from auto to the default timings still got nothing. went and changed it to 1333 and nothing. put it back on auto with some other settings and still no go. im kinda stumped maybe someone can throw me a bone here. any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

BTW board has the UEFI bios if that helps at all

What windows operating system? What does CPUz show when 'using' the MEMORY tab at top of CPUz application?

GOOD glad you got it sorted...

What windows operating system? What does CPUz show when 'using' the MEMORY tab at top of CPUz application?

GOOD glad you got it sorted...

using windows 7 seems i had to take out DIMM 3 and 4, put them in one by one and also had to use the UEFI BIOS and make sure that all DRAM settings that were set to auto i set to manual by what was posted. everythings running great now. doing all my win updates then ill install mw3 and see how games are going to run

BTW i use AIDA64 for all my needs

got the thing OC'd to 4.0 with voltage set on auto, running AIDA64 stress test CPU 41c full load. going to try and pump this thing a little more

Hey mantis, I just picked up an M5A99x EVO and I'm trying to OC it, but I'm not sure where to actually adjust the clock speed. Did you do it in the BIOS start screen or using the AI Suite program in windows?

i used the UEFI BIOS, make sure that u take all settings in the BIOS for the memory and make sure all settings that are on auto YOU CHANGE manually. just look the the numbers and input them. make sure after u type them in u hit enter, if not and u click they just go back to auto. i just uped my mult to 20.5 for a 4.1oc on a phenom 965. running great so far

also make sure u push ur mem in all the way. when i first put mine in windows was only seeing 7.9 out of 16. after setting the settings for my memory everything was found and is working correctly. also make sure u put ur mem to whatever speed it is and check ur box or their website to see what voltage the mem is. make sure u enter that manually as well.

Just wanted to get back to you guys letting ya know computer still running great with my 4.1oc nps so far I did have 1bluescreen but starwars locked my computer up and caused it to happen

Back