• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99X-Evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
Ok. I am running an FX8150 @4.5 with 1.33v. And the mobo NB is getting to 32C(HWmonitor) and 51.2 on the fan controller(sensor is between the heatsink blades). Are theese temps acceptable? Could it burn out? The NB heatsink is connected via heatpipe to the mosfet/VRM heatsink. Could i separate them somehow or improve on the current layout, because i`m affraid of blowing mosfet`s ?

Attachments

• safe_image.JPG
    safe_image.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 5,390
The temps you list seem very reasonable. Nothing I would be concerned about for sure.

When users go to this type of cooling >> Antec K920 << there no longer is a big fan sitting on an air-cooling type cpu cooler and spill-over air is no longer there blowing over the VRM sinks and other sinks close by.

I run water cooling and the only thing 'near' the heatsinks you picture is a hose to the cpu water block. So I have mounted a 92mm fan blowing directly on the VRM sinks and my temps are very good for me. You may have to arrange a fan to blow air onto those sinks as many have done when moving to water cooling of the cpu.

I don't cut the heat pipe because I put a fan blowing on the sinks as I said. Hardly ever hear of anyone cutting the heatpipe either unless they are adding a water block to the north bridge.

I think that board only has 6+2 power phase. Beware it may give you problems with CPU down throttling if you overclock it much since the 8150 sucks a huge amount of juice when overclocked much.

yeah . i know.i only have down throttling when i go over 1.4volts and 4.8ghz. but when i bought the board it was the only high end asus they had. to have gotten the CHV or SABER i whould have had to wait about 1.5-2 months..

tungureanu,

how is that ram treating you? im strongly considering that board r 2.0 and need low profile ram for my Phanteks PH-TC14CS_RD cooler but not sure how the ram would behave with that board.

tungureanu,

how is that ram treating you? im strongly considering that board r 2.0 and need low profile ram for my Phanteks PH-TC14CS_RD cooler but not sure how the ram would behave with that board.

it`s ok. i`m running cl11 ram on cl9 timings @1600 1.6v

Back