• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus VI Gene vs. OC Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

ok guys, So I traded away my tower away to get a laptop I could work on while mobile. Ive already got the itch to rebuild (I know... such a burden :D). Ill be gradually collecting parts to put together a microATX build. What Ive picked are as follows:

Corsair 350D
Corsair RM750
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4g 1600
MSI GTX770 Lightning
I7 4770K

Im stuck on my board, its between MVIG and AsRock OC Formula (open to other suggestions though). Ive read mixed reviews on both boards, I value everyone here's opinions though. Hoping someone who has used these boards could chime in. At the moment Im leaning towards the OCF because it will match the 770 Lightning color scheme, but again not set in stone.

edit: I could always go with the MSI Gaming 770 w/ 4GB and the MVIG though... those would mach nicely. I just dont do anything over 1080p so feels a little wasted atm.

Last edited:
ok guys, So I traded away my tower away to get a laptop I could work on while mobile. Ive already got the itch to rebuild (I know... such a burden :D). Ill be gradually collecting parts to put together a microATX build. What Ive picked are as follows:

Corsair 350D
Corsair RM750
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4g 1600
MSI GTX770 Lightning
I7 4770K

Im stuck on my board, its between MVIG and AsRock OC Formula (open to other suggestions though). Ive read mixed reviews on both boards, I value everyone here's opinions though. Hoping someone who has used these boards could chime in. At the moment Im leaning towards the OCF because it will match the 770 Lightning color scheme, but again not set in stone.

edit: I could always go with the MSI Gaming 770 w/ 4GB and the MVIG though... those would mach nicely. I just dont do anything over 1080p so feels a little wasted atm.

No, get the 4GB. If that matches the Maximus, get it. Good board. BF3 already wants 3GB of VRAM. Higher demands will be coming soon with ports from the new consoles. So get yourself at least a 3GB card.

Back