• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Medal of Honor...DICE...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just hope it's not disappointing.

Medal of Honor, like Battlefield and Call of Duty, is one of the best names in shooters, with the history to show for it. I feel like these other two franchises have shown us games recently that could have been truly great, but had lingering problems that make them less enjoyable to me at least.

I sort of wish DICE had more time to spend on Battlefield, as it's clear there are bugs and issues to be ironed out, but it would seem their resources were needed for this game. So it better be good, it's just hard to live up to the older games, I can't help but expect so much more from what they release today.

most of the buildings in MOH will not be destructable. So it is basically MW2 without breakable buildings, aka MW2 :D

I'm loving this game so far. It feels like it has alot of potential. They just need a S&D gametype and I'd be set.

October huh? Well bc2 has been f'ed up since it came out, so NOW EA/DICE want me to give them 60 bux to try a beta? Will MOH be bug ridden and disappointing and basically make me not wanna play it anymore by June 2011 cuz its still broke? There's also BC2 VIETNAM expansion/dlc coming for BC2. Maybe by then we'll catch up with the console updates that we've been waiting 3 months for now. This MOH beta is insulting.

Pass for now thanks.

eh , after bad company 2, and the fact it was on sale for almost 50% off 2 months later, I'll wait.

the multiplayer portion got old real fast, with no BRAND new maps.

TF2 spoils me so :(

It's a reskin of BC2 with more MW2 style BS. Pass until a lot of reviews are out, cant really see it being a best seller, I bet it will be on sale a month after release as was mentioned above.

It pisses me off to see the publisher/developer dropping a successful game (and its community) on its face to get a new competing shooter out the door. BC2 had a lot of potential, but because of the bugs and lack of patches to fix those (like the one announced over a month ago that still hasn't been released) I don't have a lot of pressure looking into this game.

I won't be pre-ordering it. DICE already took $ from me 3 months ago :). Plus they have failed to give me enough maps to enjoy it. I have actually quit playing BC2 and starting playing Source games again (more maps/mods/tools to play with).

You can get into the beta without a preorder. Go get a C&C4 key from Gamespot and use it for the MoH beta.

For the record, the beta is terrible. It's BC2 with all the good stuff removed. Not to mention the beta, at this point, is buggy as all hell. Maybe it'll turn around.

I'm just waiting for the BC2 patch. That game is insanely frustrating most of the time, but still fun at times.

I'm severely skeptical, especially when someone has to preorder just to play the beta which was how BC2 was and it turned out after 8 hours of playtime I couldn't stand that game anymore. I sure hope that its not like bc2 or anything related to mw or its a game that is born to fail

looks good but i refuse to be amongst the first to buy it like i did bc2. hopefully they will learn from there mistakes. (although the chances of that are slim to none)

I won't be pre-ordering it. DICE already took $ from me 3 months ago :). Plus they have failed to give me enough maps to enjoy it. I have actually quit playing BC2 and starting playing Source games again (more maps/mods/tools to play with).

It's a shame, DICE used to be really good, untill they got in "cahoots" [sic] with EA. EA makes Microsoft look good at betas.

Sick of these generic iron sight war clone games (although BFBC2 is awesome). They need to bring back FPS like Quake and Unreal Tournament.

Sick of these generic iron sight war clone games (although BFBC2 is awesome). They need to bring back FPS like Quake and Unreal Tournament.

But I have to continue my dream of being a SuperUltraEliteDeltaForceSniperSealRangerKiller!

Back