• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for 17-8700k and asrock z370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fox hunter

Hello all last computer i built was 7 years ago and I'm due for an upgrade and I havent being following the new stuff that much. So i am a bit behind on the tech

From the looking around I feel a good choice is the i7-8700k and ASRock z370 Taichi.
I wont be doing any hardcore overclocking right off the start with it at at some point I will overclock it to a reasonable level.
I am looking for some middle of the road memory leaning a bit to higher end.
I'm not to sure how much I should spend memory so any help would be great, with so many options a starting point on researching would be helpful

mainly gaming it will be used to play 4k movies to my home theater as well in the future. as far as video editing probably not.

Id grab some 2x8gb drr4 3200mhz cl14/15 sticks. GSKill Trident Z is fine and so are any with those specs, really. :)

Back