• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

querycat

Registered
Hey guys,
recently i purchased an 8gb kit of Patriot Viper ram which is supposedly clocked at 2133mhz.

I bought this ram alongside the rest of my new PC, and had put all of it together and did a test boot. After having a browse through bios i noticed the ram was clocked at 1600mhz.

I then installed windows 7 and downloaded CPU-Z to check the clock, and it's reading it as ~900mhz.

I have no idea what to believe, but i know i just want my ram to be at the 2133mhz! :bang head

In case it's necessary, my MOBO is an Asus P8Z77-M Pro.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance :)

There is... and he should use it to get those speeds. Your PC wont automatically boot at those speeds it needs to be set.

It would be in the memory area/memory speed section of Ai Tweaker and should say XMP profile.

It would be in the memory area/memory speed section in advance ai and should say XMP profile. See if you can find it in your bios. :)

Asus P8Z77-M Pro

In the event that i do find it... what do i do to it? :D

FYI - edited my post

LOL, turn it on. :)

Being serious, in CPUz (download and install it), using the SPD tab, see what your memory says is the XMP profile, you may have two. Whichever is the 2133Mhz profile (if there are two) is what you want the bios to say.

FYI - edited my post

LOL, turn it on. :)

Being serious, in CPUz (download and install it), using the SPD tab, see what your memory says is the XMP profile, you may have two. Whichever is the 2133Mhz profile (if there are two) is what you want the bios to say.

Surprisingly none of them say 2133Mhz. The highest is 1000Mhz, and that's labelled XMP-2000

cpuza.jpg

What options do you get in the bios for memory...

Thankfully this beautiful motherboard allows screenshots :')
I didn't actually see any ability to select an XMP profile, but i did find this:
120929022413.png

Also, it looks like in BIOS it's reading ~1900Mhz now, CPU-Z hasn't changed though.... This is quite odd!
120929022330.png

Cheers

Just play around with the different frequency's to see what works :)

haha that could always work :p
I might leave it for now and see if earthdog has any further advice. I'll check this thread tomorrow morning (it's 2.30am in australia!!)

Thanks very much!

I cant see the pictures unless they are hosted here at the site.. so you lost me until I can get home (in 9 hours) or you host here at the site (recommended).

I cant see the pictures unless they are hosted here at the site.. so you lost me until I can get home (in 9 hours) or you host here at the site (recommended).

Sorry :( I'll upload them again for your perusal, but i'll still have to go to bed now haha

Attachments

• cpuz.JPG
    cpuz.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 120929022330.png
    120929022330.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 120929022413.png
    120929022413.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 64
Lower the BCLK down to the default of 100 from the current 103, and you'll see the DDR3-2133 option in the drop-down menu.

Back