• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Ending Support for Windows 7, 8, & Older Apps in the Microsoft Forums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Microsoft Ending Support for Windows 7, 8, & Older Apps in the Microsoft Forums

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...s-7-8-and-older-apps-in-the-microsoft-forums/

"Effective July 2018, the Microsoft Community forums listed below will shift support scope and Microsoft staff will no longer provide technical support there. There will be no proactive reviews, monitoring, answering or answer marking of questions. The forums will still be moderated by Microsoft agents to ensure participants can engage in a safe and positive environment.

Microsoft Community participants are welcome and encouraged to continue to use the forum to ask questions and post answers with each other.

The support for the below products will be discontinued across different forums in the Community.

* Windows 7, 8.1, 8.1 RT
* Microsoft Security Essentials
* Internet Explorer 10
* Office 2010, 2013
* Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT, Surface 2
* Microsoft Band – this topic will be locked. Users are invited to participate in Microsoft Band 2
topic.
* Mobile devices forum – Microsoft support will continue in "Other Windows mobile devices" topic
* Zune – this topic will be locked, but will remain available for browsing

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!"

I don't find it much of any use. Most of the replys are cut and past info or just someone telling you to run a troubleshooter.

That is my experience as well. A lot of scripted advice. However, I did have a good experience the other day on a MS forum when I had an issue with the Windows Defender boot time scan. I got some real right on help not from a MS staffer but from another forum member who knew his stuff. This guy had a lot of hands on experience, having retired after a career with IBM.

Forums from MS? I bought delorme street atlas for my tablet and a year later they vanished, without a word whatsoever to their customers, to be bought out by garmin who simply dumped the software in the trash. DeLorme is a punk company and so is garmin who I'll never buy anything from. On the bright side I finally found a company that supports windows tablets with a gps chip-TwoNav. It can use openstreet maps TG, topo or otherwise. The only difference between delorme and MS is that ms is giving the public the heads up that the products they sold in the past are soon to be in the garbage, apparently where they belong. No worries, when 7 gives up the ghost linux will happily take over without even a glitch. With linux support is forever. Unlike a lot of these other two-faced shills.
Android and apple do the same thing just with hardware which is why I have no respect for either. In fact the only OS to run in droid is Lineage because it's updated every week without fail. I called a ms rep once when someone gave me their xp disc with key. After I installed it they wanted it back and I hungup. Funny cause that's what MS deserves as well.

Businsess decisions, habbajabba. When you make your profit from selling products you will soon go out of business if you have no way of moving customers to newer products. Once the market gets saturated with the old and people have no incentive to move up to the new versions, your profits plummet, you go out of business and there is no support anymore for anything and no innovation. Linux lacks apps that people need and the reason it does is because there is no money in developing the apps. And there are issues in Linux with printer drivers and such. It's always behind the curve.

Back