• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mmmmmm, 2 x 7800-GTX ViperJohn modded & Pelted...tasty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SuperFarStucker said:
I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had success with custom bios vmod cards in sli. Why don't you flash the bios back to stock and see if it works then. Perhaps it has to do with that. I think the other ideas are good too. Reinstall your bench drive os, maybe something got borked. Perhaps it is some limitation of SLi. Perhaps it is a driver bug. I'd think if the 'bug' didn't go away at stock voltage/bios then certainly one of the cards is damaged in some way. Kind of a stupid question but have you tried the other DVI outs? Perhaps it is sending the video signal to a different one. That would be retarded.

Yes dozens of times lol

The cards were flashed back to stock bios a long time ago. In fact they have been flashed several now in various test scenario's.

Viper

Thanks for the input fellas! :thup:

I have just flashed both cards back to stock bios, just the be sure and am installing a feash copy of XP pro...but this time I will just update it with SP2 and leave out SP1.

Should be up and runnign in a few....XP installs roughly in 12 min with 2 striped 74gig Raptors... :cool:

I use 16K stripe also... don't ask why cuz I have no clue what I use that size. I see by your sig that you use the same... why 16? I have no clue how it works. :D

Btw, awesome board. :)

cRaP! I used the edit button ...again. krag

Last edited by a moderator:
16k stripe has been proven to be the fastest setup for Raid O

Stop trying to take control of my post!!! Although, you could have fixed my "what" to "why" cuz that would make more sense. :)

I wanna see a pic when it's all set up! :D

krag said:
16k stripe has been proven to be the fastest setup for Raid O
Hey Krag, sorry to distract further from the original topic of this thread, but do you happen to recall where this was proven? . . . I'm just wondering because one time I tried running tests between 4kb, 8kb, 16kb, 32kb, and 64kb, but the benchmarks were showing very little difference between them, and none of them was clearly winning in all the benchmarks. (I used HD Tach, SiSoftware Sandra File System Benchmark, PC Wizard 2005, Performance Test, Roadkill Disk Speed, and Disk Speed32.)

Revivalist said:
Hey Krag, sorry to distract further from the original topic of this thread, but do you happen to recall where this was proven? . . . I'm just wondering because one time I tried running tests between 4kb, 8kb, 16kb, 32kb, and 64kb, but the benchmarks were showing very little difference between them, and none of them was clearly winning in all the benchmarks. (I used HD Tach, SiSoftware Sandra File System Benchmark, PC Wizard 2005, Performance Test, Roadkill Disk Speed, and Disk Speed32.)
Makes you wonder why they even have the option to change it if it doesn't make much of a difference.

Maybe 16k is the best, but the difference is extremely small, and that's why you didn't see a difference.

Are you in love with Cyan, Revivalist? :D

LOL . . . That's funny! . . . I think if my wife saw this thread she'd say "WHO'S CYAN?!!" . . . LOL

I just like it because it looks frosty cool! :clap: . . . Actually green is my favorite color but I was banned from using it by a certain moderator who I won't mention (especially, in this thread . . . hint, hint) . . . :p . . . But I know he's just hepling us keep the rules which is what makes this forum so organized and excellent. . . .

Anyway, thanks for the feedback about stripe size. I was thinking about going through the hassle of reformating and reinstalling just so I could turn my 64k strip to a 16k stripe . . . . So I take it that it's not worth it?

The first time I was exposed/figured out cyan was in the original Perfect Dark for N64 (Best Game Ever :D ) The guns/ammo would glow cyan and one of the team colors was cyan.

fyi... Cyan was my favorite team too!

Nahh, I can't remember the exact review. I read it about 3-4 yrs ago when i first started using raid for my main rig. I just remember it being the best and I think I did some benchies of my own...but thats been 3-4 yrs ago.

Thats a weird one for sure, I hope it's something simple. I had all kinds of hair pulling with Crossfire the first couple of nights, turns out you cannot enable CF on Windows 2000. Maybe try XP without any SP and see if that works, if it's good you can apply it later.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Thats a weird one for sure, I hope it's something simple. I had all kinds of hair pulling with Crossfire the first couple of nights, turns out you cannot enable CF on Windows 2000. Maybe try XP without any SP and see if that works, if it's good you can apply it later.

I've had these cards for 2 weeks now and have tried dozens (with repeats) of combonations of enablement and no go. I shipped the cards back to the Viper today. Maybe he will discover the glitch with his expertise. Its really been a test in patience for me. I'm actually proud of mayself for not getting frustrated and breaking something in a fit of unadulterated rage! LOL! :p

One card was hosed for some unknown reason and had to be replaced. So when Viper gets finished with them we'll try again. :p

krag said:
One card was hosed for some unknown reason and had to be replaced. So when Viper gets finished with them we'll try again. :p
Ahhh . . . that explains it. Thanks for reporting back. Yesterday I was thinking about bumping this thread to find out what happened. I wanna know how it goes because I have a similar project in the works. :D

Back