• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MoBo help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I was given this board AM2NF6G-VSTA made by ASRock. Its running a 2.2cpu and 1gig 512x2 of cheap kingston ram and a 400w psu the hdd and cr-rom are running ide. Ok the problem im having is that I cant get windows to install first off once I hit the power button the mobo reads everything fine and passes the memtest. then from there it takes forever for it to just ask hit any key to boot from cd... ok so I hit any key and it takes some time but starts to load widows setup it inspects everything and starts to load files as normal but a bit on the slow side. the comes the screen to pick a partition and stuff to format then it may start sometimes otherwise it just freezes up. Sometimes it locks up just after I hit the on button lol it just keeps locking up I have even gotten the blue screen a few times. twice I have been able to have windows actualy start installing but about half way it just locked up on me again.

thanks

Could be a lot of things but my off-hand guess would be a bad HDD or CD-ROM, though the ROMs seldom go out like that.

You might try using a Linux try-out disc that has an OS on the CD. At least you could do a little trouble-shooting. For details you might need to post in the Unix/Linux section - I'm not an *nux person ...

Could be a lot of things but my off-hand guess would be a bad HDD or CD-ROM, though the ROMs seldom go out like that.

You might try using a Linux try-out disc that has an OS on the CD. At least you could do a little trouble-shooting. For details you might need to post in the Unix/Linux section - I'm not an *nux person ...

I have tryed 7 hdd and 3 roms lol now its getting no video I give up on it man lol

Hmmm, no video too? That would lead me to suspect either PSU or board. Being that old a board's caps can start going bad - any obvious signs of that? PSUs can go bad for the same reason and both can go bad from dust or a chip that's been overheating for a long time. Tough call ...

Last edited:
Back