• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding injurys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that is because we will never stop injuring ourselves...

example:

I was working on a friends computer at his house. He has messy cabling. i was reaching into the case to reset the cmos, when it got bumped. Shoved the little cmos jumper pin right up under my thumbnail. Hurt like a (expletive deleted), but today it doesnt even look injured.

Last edited:
firebat45 said:
I was working on a friends computer at his house. He has messy cabling. i was reaching into the case to reset the cmos, when it got bumped. Shoved the little cmos jumper pin right up under my thumbnail. Hurt like a (expletive deleted), but today it doesnt even look injured.

nail injuries s#ck!

Shadowknight said:
They also Hurt the most.

Shadowknight~

&#^## they do. i have no idea how it got there but i have an infection under the nail of my left small toe now..been there for 2 weeks already and it hurts like hell

no modding injury tho..unless i got it by kicking my pc :p

Normal cuts and scrapes so far when modding my cases, except for when i was pop riveting the mobo tray in my case back in and the rivit popped early in teh push and i pinched 2 fingers. I also had a friend who was testing his new 120mm fan and had it set to max on the fan bus he has and it was moving across his table and it fell over and he went to pick it up and his pinky ended up in the blades. He had a line of blood splatter going up his wall it was funny as hell. Sorry no picts.

stabbed my hand and broke my 6800nu, moding it to watercooling, the screwdriver slid and hit the pipes of the card then my hand, bled in the card and the carpet, broken card, cut in the finger, no pc, darn this #$@#4 sucks oh well i moved on.......

I was toying around inside my case with it running and my middle finger accidently made its way into the blade of this fan....running at 5500 rpm. It was the very tip of teh blade that hit, right on the outside of it. Heh, right where its the sharpest and moves the fastest. My finger brought it to a complete and instant stop, then prompty began bleeding. Also had a few deep cuts from the edges of cases. Got one yesterday actually.
35-106-038-08.JPG

Susquehannock said:
Especially when they turn purple & fall off.
Hah I had that happen once on my toe. It was smashed right on the bed of it, then a new nail grew under the old one because the spot that it was growing from before was killed or whatever. It was rather gross when the original nail came off.

I don't know how I've done most of mine - but I tend to find cuts all over my hands after messing around with PCs for any length of time :(

squasher said:
The most annoying thing to me is when you are pulling out a molex pin and slam your hand into something. For me its either the door, which just hurts, a sharp edge which hurts more, or a part which is scary and hurts a lot (because of all those sharp little pins that sratch)
that was my most recent incident, was trying to get the HDD out of the cage in this stupid case for a customer, pulled harder and it gave but not before taking my hand for a ride on the pointy end of the NIC. Scar is a good inch long and this happened nearly two weeks ago. Was so much blood my boss thought I had a huge gash or something lol.

Lunar_Lamp said:
I don't know how I've done most of mine - but I tend to find cuts all over my hands after messing around with PCs for any length of time :(

Weird isn't it? I have the same, you don't feel/see them untill you take a closer look...

Sjaak said:
Weird isn't it? I have the same, you don't feel/see them untill you take a closer look...
Heh, same for me, but unless I notice it (it hurts) I dont ever count it as an 'injury' it's just something that happens ;)

Once, I cut my finger on an Athlon 64 heatsink fan.

Does anyone know about the advice to put screws into film canisters so the screws don't get lost? I do not recommend it. Just guess what happened when I leaned over while I had the film canister right in front of me. (Hint: I think I may have too much of a good thing, LOL.)

Once, I took a hard copy of some history homework from a printer on a high shelf and I managed to knock down an old network card beside it in the process. I got a minor cut as a result. (Can't tell you where because that would give away the answer for the previous situation.)

hahaha nice pic

first time i opened my old computer i was taking out the IDE cables and pulled to hard smashed my hand on the heatsink,back of my hand was pretty cut up

Back